Thread: Period suddenly very light (ovarian cyst)

Period suddenly very light (ovarian cyst)

I've been on Loestrin 30 for about 4 years as I used to suffer from heavy painful periods. This made them less painful and lighter.

The last 6 months or so I've had bad stomach pains on and off and really bad lower back pains too (loads of gas as well). My periods have also suddenly changed. This last one that I've just had I had niggles of pain on the Sunday, started early hours of Monday morning and no pain. Light period all of Monday then Tuesday and Wednesday didn't lose anything then today about a teaspoon of dark red blood all day and that's it. Start pill again tomorrow.

I am worried I have an ovarian cyst as the pain is always low down on the right then spreads to the rest of my lower tummy, my back is agony, I feel sick a lot, loads of gas, very tired, legs keep getting pain or going numb etc. Don't want to mention it to the Dr as I have a phobia of hospitals and couldn't face having to have an op. Does it sound like a cyst?

Re: Period suddenly very light (ovarian cyst)

You probably would only need a transvaginal ultrasound to check the ovaries and womb first. They wouldnt put you through an op unless there was some reason they couldn't give you an ultrasound.

I just had a laparoscopy, and I had most of the symptoms you described, but it was an ovary stuck to my uterus/pelvic wall and some adhesions had to be removed. Had a D&C but I'd just given birth 4-5 months ago so was complications from this.

I would mention something to your doctor probably just to get a checkup - it'd be much better than feeling anxious or worrying about what it could be - it may well be nothing!

my periods have been quite light too since starting the pill. I like it its less messy and just nicer but the pain hasnt eased at all, they are still really bad.
    I like the fact I dont have to run from the shower to my bedroom to quickly put undies and pad on before I drip blood all over the carpet (sorry tmi)

But I dont think its really anything to worry about unless it continues to be next to nothing, I still bleed but its quite light bleeding compared to what I was use to.

I think I prefer the lighter bleeding than the heavy its a shame about the period pain though.

Yes I get period pain usually the day I start but when I start it usually goes altogether or becomes manageable.

Been on the pill 4 years and only gone really light the last 6 months or so apart from a couple of months back when I had one heavier one again. Just annoying me as I am worrying what it could be and am too cared to find out it's a cyst incase they say I need an op which I won't have. Always full of gas as well, constant 25/7.

It could be a cyst, but I don't think that's likely as the pill is supposed to help prevent or shrink cysts, and the symptoms don't really sound like my experiences with ovarian cysts. If you did have a cyst, surgery isn't usually needed, so don't worry about that. Honestly your symptoms sound more digestion-related to me, maybe IBS. My digestive problems always get worse around my period. I would mention your symptoms to your doctor, especially the leg pain and numbness.

I have a similiar problem. im not on BC but i get bad cramps and pain all month long and i used to not. also my periods are a lot lighter than they used to be and i also feel a weird bump on my right side in a weird spot. i hate going to the doctor because i go so much and it just feels like just another issue !! :( either way i feel your pain and I hope you feel better and hope it's not anything serious

Thank you for everyones replies, I have an appointment with my dr 1st March so I will talk to her then. Just fed up of being in daily pain, back ache, acid, numbness in leg etc. Worrying myself sick about it all

Thread Information