Thread: Pea sized lump on roof of mouth painful swallowing cancer worry

Pea sized lump on roof of mouth painful swallowing cancer worry

About 3/4 weeks ago I had a bad cold and just after it went away I started to have a pain in my left ear when I swallowed. Iīve had problems with wax in my ears sort of like I can feel it moving about especially if I blow my nose so I tried to get at it with a cotton bud as I was a bit deaf but I ended up making my ear sore.

The pain moved to the roof of my mouth and ear every time I swallowed and became unbearable. I saw my GP who said it was just a throat infection even though I said the pain wasnīt in my throat. He gave me antibiotics but it didnīt clear up. The pain got worse whenever I ate something and I found a pea sized lump on the roof of my mouth. Then down the side of my tongue at the back on the left side I started to get a muscular pain whenever I swallowed and had a small lump there too. After about 2 weeks the pain settled and seemed to go away but today its come back on again in both ears and in both sides of my mouth.

The lumps are still there and it feels like my throat tightens when I swallow with pain in my ears and jaw and down the outside of my neck. Its more like a muscular pain than a scratchy throat pain.

Iīm so worried its cancer because everytime I type my symptoms in it comes up with it. Iīve tried to get in the doctors again and even the dentist but they canīt fit me in until next week now.

Iīm 27, in quite good health donīt smoke or drink but I do eat alot of takeaway food. Has anyone else had this? I was thinking could it be blocked salivary glands or sinus problems but I canīt stop thinking about cancer now.

Re: Pea sized lump on roof of mouth painful swallowing cancer worry

Hi there , you are not alone with this. About 4 weeks ago I noticed I was getting strange pain in the sides of my tongue which was not going away, so I just got on with life thinking it would go away, well about 2 weeks latter it was still there, and my doc says there's nothing to see, but still I have this pain.
    Now 2 more weeks on I have worse pain in tongue and sides of mouth and also today have pain in top of mouth , where I have also found a lump which is very painful . My whole top roof of mouth feels like its been burnt. I think I will make a visit to my dentist to see what they think.
    Sorry bettycat I can't offer any answer but you are not alone with this worry. Good luck

Thread Information