Thread: HA, what triggers yours?

HA, what triggers yours?

Hi, am just wondering what triggers your HA? I can be completely fine and then I will either read or heat about something just in general ( Facebook, magazines, tv programmes etc) Like today I saw sun sea and a&e on the tv (probably not my wisest move) and a man had pneumonia and today I read about someone on Facebook having it too, and that was it I then convinced myself that's what I must have as I have a shoulder and chest pain (top right of chest)

An yet at other times I can hear and read about illnesses and it not effect me?

Would be interested to know what triggers you have?

Re: HA, what triggers yours?

Depends what I'm worried about at the time. Sometimes just reading things can bring on symptoms. I've been terrified that I have leukemia for the last while and it just seems like I've been seeing more and more things about cancer, ads, in the papers etc... so I start thinking "it's a sign! I must have it!!" Which is obviously illogical but you know how it is hehe.
    Though for my entire life I've suffered with emetophobia which is a fear of vomit. So whenever I read about bloody norovirus or see it on the news, I start to get scared too.

This is a question I've been asking myself recently and I've been looking into the psychology behind it too. For me, any weird bodily sensation, ache or pain must mean a very serious disease. I do have a very over-active imagination. If I hear anything on the news about a virus or disease, I become obsessed with it. Not only does swine flu or bird flu terrify me, I become fixated with it and convince myself that a pandemic is just around the corner and I will be one of it's victims.

Mine is a pain or ache that I don't recognise, then I google and I have everything listed within a week.

Quote Originally Posted by jakesmummy05 View Post
    Mine is a pain or ache that I don't recognise, then I google and I have everything listed within a week.
    ^^^ I do that too

Mine is mainly reading stories online/papers...within a couple of weeks im convinced i have the same thing!

Thread Information