Thread: Constant Temperature - anxiety very high...

Constant Temperature - anxiety very high...

Im so worried that i have a constant temperature. While i was in hospital last week it was anything from 36.9 all the way up to 37.7!!! Whenever i test it myself at home im around 37.1-37.4 and i get so panicked about it. Im not even that hot! Infact i try to 'keep cool' - i dont wrap up because im obsessed with being too hot.

Why have i always got a temperature? Its been like this for MONTHS and really adds to my HA. I always think i must have a virus or something bad because of it.

Sorry but any insight would help me.
    Charlotte xxx

Re: Constant Temperature - anxiety very high...

Normal body temperature is anywhere between 36.1–37.8 °C so your temperature is not high at all it is a completely normal temperature!

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

As said above, the readings you are getting to do not constitute having a temperature and are mostly within normal range (depending on where you are taking your temperature ?). 38 degrees and above is generally considered as 'having a temperature'. To add to the situation, panic and anxiety can increase your body temperature anyway, during a panic attack your temp. can rise a degree or so anyway. There are a multitude of other factors that can affect body temperature too; having had warm drinks recently, having had exercise, menstrual cycle, daily fluctuations.....and more. Everyone also has slightly different variations in their body temperature anyway; mine generally sits at around 36.5, but my daughters is usually higher.
    Last edited by Carys; 11-02-12 at 16:21.

Stop testing your temperature, throw the thermometre away.
    Never monitor your health - BP monitors and home thermometers are made for an anxious market, and they sell. These are only for if you are actually ill with diabetes or something. Your body changes so much during the day, you cannot monitor it the whole time, it is the very worst thing for health anxiety.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Charlotte,

I agree with the other posters, your temperature will vary and, from what you say, it's all in the normal range. If you keep checking though, you'll make yourself more anxious. Trust your body which will tell you if you're too hot.

Take care

Pip

Besides....if you get too hot (fever) you will actually feel cold...and shakey !

That's not classed as a temperature, mine is usually 37.4 or even a bit higher x don't worry that's nothing to worry about, please if anything try a d stop taking it, u are just feeling the anxiety and that's making you feel worse x

Thankyou so much for all your advice I guess it all started from all the times ive been in hospital and they do the 4hourly checks and the number of times the health assistant has muttered 'youve got a bit of a temperature there'... They also comment on my low BP and my high pulse rate. Being so obsessed and worried as i am, ,i do check and have ever since i was in hospital in september, and the hundreds of times since. I am definitely going to try to stop. Thankyou xx

Good luck - we all have some sort of habit that's hard to break but you'll get there

Take care

Pip x

Quote Originally Posted by chl_hobbs View Post
    Thankyou so much for all your advice I guess it all started from all the times ive been in hospital and they do the 4hourly checks and the number of times the health assistant has muttered 'youve got a bit of a temperature there'... They also comment on my low BP and my high pulse rate. Being so obsessed and worried as i am, ,i do check and have ever since i was in hospital in september, and the hundreds of times since. I am definitely going to try to stop. Thankyou xx
    I think that might be because of low blood volume that the heart has to pump more to get the blood around and since there is less of it, the pressure falls.

Thread Information