Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: what to expect at 1st pyschiatrist appointment

Re: what to expect at 1st pyschiatrist appointment

im taking upto 10mg a day at the min, only been on that amount for 4 weeks and ill slowly been weened off it when im stable xx

Quote Originally Posted by scotland1 View Post
    Was good to read these posts as I have had 3 sessions of CBT but am seeing a consultant psychiatrist tomorrow to review my meds as I'm on citalopram but for various reasons my GP and therapist don't think it's right for me but don't know what to try. I was recommended pregabalin (by said consultant via GP over the phone) but was turned down by the Primary Trust (as it had to be ok'd) as they didn't feel I had tried enough of the more generally used medications. I am so anxious about the appt tomorrow incase they tell me just to stick with the Citalopram and I don't want too as it's been 5 months and I'm at my wits end with it all :-(

When will they invent the magic wand to wave anxiety away??

xx
    I want to try pregabalin too. I've tried citalopram, prozac and amitriptyline and have propranolol and diazepam prn. My GP point black refused to prescribe it. Have you thought about venlafaxine or duloxetine ?

I mentioned venlafaxine to my physcahtrist but she told me it wouldn't even be her 2nd choice of meds for me?? you really do just have to put your trust in them regarding meds and i know its hard as i find it hard trusting people but theses people are experts on mental health, did they diagnose you with anything today? i was told im suffering an anxiety disorder xx

Quote Originally Posted by nicola1980 View Post
    I mentioned venlafaxine to my physcahtrist but she told me it wouldn't even be her 2nd choice of meds for me?? you really do just have to put your trust in them regarding meds and i know its hard as i find it hard trusting people but theses people are experts on mental health, did they diagnose you with anything today? i was told im suffering an anxiety disorder xx
    Same Anxiety, but then I could have told her that from the start. I'm a bit annoyed that she didn't change my meds.

I would have been aswel because thats the whole point of us going to see them because we need help, it really frustrates me at time are you on any meds at all at the min? X x

I would have been aswel because thats the whole point of us going to see them because we need help, it really frustrates me at time are you on any meds at all at the min? X x
    I was on prozac but it made me aggressive and violent so I stopped it.

Sorry just seen you take propranolol, ive tried them aswel and they didnt help me either x x

Sorry just seen you take propranolol, ive tried them aswel and they didnt help me either x x
    Diazepam helps, but it is impossible to get my GP to prescribe them. I've explained to her I will only take them when the anxiety is unbearable and only a few 2mg ones. I'm hoping the consultant is a bit more understanding.

Some gps are very reluctant to prescribe them could you maybe try another gp in your practise? I only get them as my gp knows i dont abuse them infact i hate taking them but ive been that bad anxiety and panic wise ive had too so i can function as a mum x x

Some gps are very reluctant to prescribe them could you maybe try another gp in your practise? I only get them as my gp knows i dont abuse them infact i hate taking them but ive been that bad anxiety and panic wise ive had too so i can function as a mum x x
    I understand, she has prescribed me some. 3X7 so 21 2mg tablets since september. They lasted me about 5 months so not excessive at all.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information