Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: what to expect at 1st pyschiatrist appointment

Re: what to expect at 1st pyschiatrist appointment

Well its obvious you dont abuse them so its a bit unfair that you cant get prescribed anymore especially as your meds arent sorted yet x x

Quote Originally Posted by nicola1980 View Post
    Well its obvious you dont abuse them so its a bit unfair that you cant get prescribed anymore especially as your meds arent sorted yet x x
    I can't force her to prescribe me them. She quotes the BNF which says it shouldn't be used for more than 3-4 weeks. Her point being 2mg a day for 3 weeks is 21 which I have had despite me taking that over months, not 3 weeks.

Not happy with the pyschiatrist at all, will ring tomorrow and ask how long I will need to wait to be seen by the consultant. Looked into going private but an initial assessment is £300 alone, and I think I would have to pay for meds on top.

I looked into private aswel, my sister goes private as she has an eating disorder but fortunatly they have health insurance which covers it but she still just pays normal nhs perscription charges when they prescribed her meds x x

They ask you to sit in a chair facing a huge mirror , then they ask if you've been on holiday
    They then fit you with a large apron and run there hands over you hair

Oh that's the hairdressers,So forget most of it apart from the chair bit

Good luck anyways

Thanks i'll let you know how I get on, I had been worrying myself about taking something different and having to come off the cit (withdrawals) and starting new meds (side effects) sometimes it feels like we're just going round and round in circles!!!!!! Still, we'll get there in the end and who knows may today the psychiatrist will have something amazing up his sleeze :-)

Hope you're doing ok xx

I have decided to go private, to speed things up. Got an appointment with a consultant pyschiatrist tomorrow, at a cost of £350 be best be good.

good for you dan, i know its alot of money but hopefully it will be worth it, keep me posted how you get on good luck xx

---------- Post added at 14:21 ---------- Previous post was at 14:19 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by scotland1 View Post
    Thanks i'll let you know how I get on, I had been worrying myself about taking something different and having to come off the cit (withdrawals) and starting new meds (side effects) sometimes it feels like we're just going round and round in circles!!!!!! Still, we'll get there in the end and who knows may today the psychiatrist will have something amazing up his sleeze :-)

Hope you're doing ok xx
    How did you get on? xx

Quote Originally Posted by nicola1980 View Post
    good for you dan, i know its alot of money but hopefully it will be worth it, keep me posted how you get on good luck xx

---------- Post added at 14:21 ---------- Previous post was at 14:19 ----------

How did you get on? xx
    Hopefully will be worth it. Will do. The idea is that the consultant will fax a prescription through to my GP who will then prescribe the medication so I don't end up paying silly prices.

Lol typical NHS, rang the trainee NHS pyschiatrist today, and she said that my case was discussed with her team and that they want to do a CBT assessment before discussing meds. This could take weeks. I am already at breaking point. Seeing a private consultant pysch this afternoon, I don't have a referral letter from my GP but if he decides meds are the right way forward he will liase with my GP. Hopefully he can issue me with a weeks supply of diazepam till he has spoken to my GP.

Before anyone tells me meds aren't the solution I understand but I have already tried CBT twice and want to combine meds and CBT.

Good luck Dan, i totally agree with you that cbt isn't always just the answer and needs to be combined with meds, no meds aren't always the solution but for some people they are a life saver! make sure you tell this physchatrist everything, mine wrote nearly a 15 page essay on me when i saw her let me know how you get on xx

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information