Thread: Urination OCD

Urination OCD

I'm obsessed by thinking all day what if I have a "UTI" or "what if I pee myself". Had this worrying a week one day I randomly got the symptom of going and needing shortly after and started worrying all day long obsessively. Worry about not being clean too.

I've asked alot of advice but just can't get these thoughts out of my head. When I don't think about it generally it's ok but when I'm worried I'll go and then shortly after go for another short dribble and just get anxiety in the same way I did about bowel movements.

Anybody suffered this?

Re: Urination OCD

Hi Phil
    I do all the time the minute i have to go anywhere the first thing hitting my mind is if i will mange to get to toilet on time or not wet or the other my pants lol, i think if you read some of my posts you will get the picture, it's my main anxiety symptoms and it's totally debilitating

I had this, it was a little different, but I can still relate.
    I was mostly monitoring how much I peed because I thought it meant I was sick/dying.
    I convinced myself I had diabetes (main symptom is urinating and drinking more), so I was hypersensitive to how often I used the bathroom. I would convince myself I needed to pee, but then I would go and not pee very much and then I feared I had a UTI.
    This fear eventually went away, along with my heart attack fear and blindness fear and now I've moved on to worse intrusive thoughts, unfortunately.
    Good luck. Just try to occupy your mind with other things.

I've dealt with this throughout my life! I would get so mad at myself for letting it creep into my mind and obsess over it.

I remember it started in high school and I was worried I would feel the urge while in class and teachers would not allow me to go. This only made it worse and made me feel like I had to go all the time. I went to the doctor because I thought I had a UTI.

I also had a fear when I stayed with my boyfriend I would wet the bed or would have to get up multiple times during the night and I didn't want him to think I was weird for going so often. I'm also a runner and feared "what if I have to go during my races?"

Luckily I have gotten pretty good at dealing with this worry and try not to let it control me anymore. I understand it's hard when you feel like you have to go. If I'm feeling stressed or anxious it becomes worse. Try reading some of the other OCD topics on this site...I have been dealing with some other issues as of lately and reading peoples advice on how to let the thought come and go has really been something I'm working on.

It will get better...Best of luck to you!

Thread Information