Thread: feels like my throat is closing up....

Exclamation feels like my throat is closing up....

well it feels like my throat is closing up and i cant breathe i know the breathing but is anxiety but the throat closing up is scaring me it happened last night and i woke up fine then at about 4 i started to think about it and it came back it feels like my tonsils are enlarged i looked but they looked fine i checked my throat nothing in my throat...do you think there is something seriously wrong with me or not! please i need to know :'( it feels like something is blocking my airway also please help im kinda scared to go to sleep aswell....!!

Re: feels like my throat is closing up....

I have got exactly the same thing and it is really panicking me too! Everyone says it is an anxiety sympton, but it feels so real as though something is stuck in my throat! Can't feel a lump in my neck, but it is a scarey horrid feeling!! :(

I used to get this all the time. I found myself swallowing air to reassure myself that my throat was not closing. Over time this has subsided on it's own, but I still find myself swallowing air when I get really anxious. I went to a therapist when I was young and they told me to close my eyes and see my throat expanding. It never helped for me very much, but I told her it did, ha!

I saw Gp on tuesday said I had chest infection put me on to clarythamycin yesterday felt my throat was closing up rang him he said if can I breathe and swallow fluid and food you are all right my husband says dont ring them you always do on friday asI have been in trouble ringing tyhem too often I am 84 and very run down I have been panicking all day how ever can I go on like this I dont seem to be able to control my high anxietyI feelso ill yet all tests show I am fine I have arthritis and fybromyalgia and burning mouth syndrome I feel to hve lost it

Thread Information