Thread: Small but important changes

Small but important changes

Last weekend my girlfiend's little sister dropped her bracelet out of the skylight and onto the roof by accident. Her mum and my girlfriend tried to get it with no luck. I was lying there watching the football. Normally I would have stayed lying there watching the football, but I decided that the positive thing to do was to try and retrieve the bracelet. It took some doing, I eventually had to tape a coat hanger to a hockey stick to get it, but I felt really pleased with myself in the end and earned respect and brownie points from my in laws.

I remember when i was very young we went on an activity weekend and no body wanted to be the first to abseil. In the end I said i'd do it and I ended up coming down it like the SAS, jumping down rather than gingerly walking.

i think you just have to say 'Sod this' and just go for it and all the fear and depression disappears.

I don't really know what I'm doing with cars and I don't have that much interest in them, but I've been driving bangers for about 13 years, so most things that can go wrong have gone wrong with me. Normally, I act really wet and pathetic and try and find someone else to do even the simplest tasks for me, like changing a bulb. At the moment I'm driving round with no radio because the aerial has come out of the back of it and it would take a little effort to get it out and sort it. I've decided to empower myself and do it myself tomorrow while I'm off work!!!

Ships in harbour are safe..but that's not what ships were built for.

hi, that is so brilliant that you have come to a new perspective, and as a result your self-esteem has increased and then you will be able to do all the things you want to do, alot of this is about self-belief and giving yourself a chance to just be you and be happy with who you are? all the best emmas

That's a great attitude, it is so hard to motivate ourselves at times but just getting on with things tells anxiety where to go.

Take care
    Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Thread Information