Thread: Brain Lock

Brain Lock

Im reading Brain Lock at present, 'Free yourself from obsessive compulsive disorder'...a four step self treatment method to change your brain chemistry... without meds... claims to rewire your brain...
    Halfway through, and makes alot of sense and the 4 steps seem do-able to me, its written simply too... will let you know when i finish it and how i get on!

Re: Brain Lock

Good luck with it I don't have OCD (well maybe some small traits) but do you think it would be any good for anx/panic/agoraphobic symptoms or could you recommend any books in this area?

I obsess thinking, always trying to remember things that dont matter! i assume its OCD and also possibly comes under anxiety too.. as excessive thinking comes under anxiety too....like my brain is stuck in gear, always doing the same thing...
    I have sooooo many books, there is another ive got called Evolving Self Confidence, which is how to become free from anxiety disorders and depression...
    Have a look on amazon, look up the titles, and youll get descriptions on the books there... i was recommended both, havnt finished either yet though!

Thanks Stormsky.....I know it's all linked in some way. Any brain re-wiring would come in handy, I'll check it out

Yes ,Many illnesses have the same symptons..

I think Brain lock and the ocd workbook are the two books i found most usefull for my ocd. They are both worth looking into if you dont have one or both

Just started reading this - have already been applying the 4 steps and it really does work. Its not easy at all and i have gievn into the anxiety a few times but i think with practise this can bring us all great relief. DO READ THIS BOOK AND GIVE IT YOUR BEST. Whatever you dont give in to your OCD - you must have hope and faith that this crap in your mind is not you and that you CAN get better x

Well it sounds like your really up for it, which is half the battle

Good luk

I am practising the 4 steps and its going pretty well. 1)Relabel, 2)Reattribute 3)Refocus i would like to ask to you 4)Revalue straight away or after the waiting time? For me i have obsessive thoughts not compulsions and am a bit confused if you do the revalue after you have waited a while and have done the "refocus" or whether you do them all straight after one another. Please can anyone advise?
    Last edited by Gopala; 18-03-12 at 09:51.

Thanks There are so many books out there I feel like I don't know where to start, always good to actually get recommendations from people. xxx

Thread Information