Thread: Trip Anxiety?

Trip Anxiety?

Spring break is coming up in March, and I'm going to be going on a trip with a group of friends: myself, a friend of mine, my brother, and several of my brother's friends.

I'm very comfortable with all of these people and think they're all really great. The problem is, I get such anxiety when I'm around them in a 'party' type of setting - I think it's because I get excited to the point that I drive myself to it. The only real problem I have is that I get nauseous. I'll be otherwise fine, but feel sick to my stomach and can't eat an awful lot and have trouble sleeping because of it. It will be especially hard since I'll be far from home, sleeping in a room with several other people, with limited access to the bathroom (as I would feel weird going several times a night and certainly can't just camp out in there).

I've obviously never been on a trip like this before, but have had this problem a lot in high school, when we'd have a lot of friends over. I'd start out fine, then get to feeling sick.

Clearly I don't want to feel this way while I'm on vacation - I want to enjoy myself and just relax. And I feel that by being worried about how I feel, I'm just making it worse and setting myself up for failure. Is there anything I can do to sort of calm myself, and has anyone else ever had this problem?

Re: Trip Anxiety?

Hi Poppy

the actual thought of going anywhere like holiday or trip makes me feel ill with anxiety, and he only thing i can come up with if perhaps your doctor would give you some calming tablets which will help you sleep and feel bit more relaxed.

Hope you will enjoy your trip!

I've heard about those Spring break vacations.

Quote Originally Posted by theharvestmouse View Post
    I've heard about those Spring break vacations.
    Haha. I'm not really a drinker myself (the hangover isn't worth it at all), but both my friends and my brother's (who isn't a drinker either) can be. So it should be interesting, and I hope fun!

I just need to tell myself there isn't any reason to stress and just allow myself to relax.

Thread Information