Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can"t watch certain shows or even the news

I can"t watch certain shows or even the news

or else my anxiety level goes way up. I used to watch medical shows like Private Practice and Grey's Anatomy and now I freak at the medical shows and think something is more wrong with me. Does anyone else get those feelings too?

The news was on last night talking about heart attacks in younger women and how it can be worse for them and I had to change the channel. I didn't want to hear about Whitney Houston either.

I get very anxious being in certain places now too. I never had any of this before I started getting the attacks in December and went into A-Fib. I am on Beta blockers now, but even stress at my medication times.

Any advise on how to cope with these feelings would be much appreciated

Thanks

Re: I can"t watch certain shows or even the news

Cant totallt sympathis with you i do exactly the same. Docs and other medical prof have told me to face fears like that because the more i avoid them im keeping my anxiety happy..... Hope this makes sense and helps xxx

Same here! I used to also like reading weekly magazines like "that's life" but can't read them anymore. Last year I liked watching Waterloo road until a story about a brain tumour came up!

Quote Originally Posted by Hck80 View Post
    Same here! I used to also like reading weekly magazines like "that's life" but can't read them anymore. Last year I liked watching Waterloo road until a story about a brain tumour came up!
    Totally with you on that, soaps, magazines, some books, hospital programs, news. . . ARRAHHHH. all the things i use to enjoy!

ive been like this for years,,only thing is i get annoyed at myself as its avoidance,,oddist thing is i love csi,s and sherlock programme with murder mysterys you,d think id be scared of someone getting in and murder me wouldnt you rofl

I'm the same. I avoid so many programmes, but I'm quite happy to watch murder mysteries!

exactly the same here sadly.
    I gave up eastenders last year when Tanyas cancer story was announced to be coming up,i heard pat had it too its like you cant get away from it isnt it,i even freak when a cancer research advert comes on terrible

I can't watch House anymore with my boyfriend! He loves that show, and I used to as well. Also I was in class (studying counseling), and we watched a therapy session of a 20 year old girl diagnosed with Lymphoma ... it was all fictional but OH MAN I freaked. I'm terrified of that. I took an excuse to go to the restroom.

I have also had to force myself to not click on news articles online about cancer, and just tell myself "I dont' want to know!!!!" I try to not watch the news as much either.

if you see a headline online like so and so has died ,i try hard not to look but have to just to see how old they were and what it was!
    today i saw the royal correspondant news reporter he was 71 but still cancer is everywhere drives me insane!

Good to know

Having a mild attack on my lunch break now and not even any stress?

checked blood pressure and pulse and both are fine...just ride it out I guess

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information