Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question to ha sufferers

question to ha sufferers

how much has us health anxiety sufferers let it effect our lives and to what degree. What as it stopped you doing how much as affected your relationship with your families. Do you feel your not taken seriously about anything anymore. Do you sometimes feel lonely in a room full of people .Do you look at other people and think why cant i be normal like them .

Re: question to ha sufferers

HA effects my life totally.
    I cant watch tv shows used to be just medical ones,but i now avoid the news and soaps too. I cant read newspapers or magazines .
    everywhere you turn it seems there are gloomy health articles or stories ,just saw a cancer reserch advert and feeling a bit paniced now:(
    i feel it effects my relationships as i cry all the time and panic,it must be so hard for my hubby, also like whenever anything is in the news like a while ago it was red meat causes cancer. i wont let the kids eat bacon or ham much now ,or much tuna,or stand near microwaves.
    if we go to a hospital or gp i make everyone take their shoes and clothes off and wash them before coming indoors and ill shower everyone.
    im having a bad day today,id had a few good days but ive seen several cancer stories/adverts today and with my sore throat today im struggling to keep rational today,and thinking ill be like this forver!
    i know ive had bad patches before and got through so just hope that i can be helped again ,arnt i a barrel of laughs today!

im just the same and the adverts on television effect me quiet a lot it seems every where you look there is cancer research or awareness adverts or posters which makes it very difficult for us ha sufferes especialy us with cancer phobias put our worries to the back of our minds for any length of time so we actually never get a break

i know and the adverts have youngsters on them too dont they ,totally freaks me out for me and my family! i might start donating to them,trouble is ill get literature sent to me which will bring me out in cold sweats ill put lol but quite honestly today im struggling to laugh about it,hope tommorow is better talking certainly helps doesnt it to others who are the samexxx

yes it does help to talk i donate to cancer research through my bank and i feel like im helping abit i lost both my mum and dad with cancer my dad was 54 my mum 68 and my anxiety has got worse since mum died 3 years ago my husband doesnt have much patience with me now with my anxieties x

my hubby is the same bronte ,trouble is he is a bit of a worry gut himself ,not as much as me and he doesnt obsess like i do but he doesnt give me the reassurance i crave and will often tell me how so and so from works great aunties wife has cancer on a daily basis,not somthing we need to hear is it we find these stories ourselves without others reminding us!
    my nan died of lung cancer just last week and its since her diagnosis that my paranoia has resurfaced itself after being in control of it for 4 years .
    my other nan currently has heart issues but for some reason these dont put the fear of god into me like cancer ,i think for me dying of a heart attack although awful it would be quick,id not know about it ect. but its the long windedness of cancer illness and the anticipation of when the end would be ect. that is the worst part(gosh arnt i jolly today!)

Huge, incalculable effect. Makes me frightened to do stuff, including exercise, which in turn makes me less fit and more worried about getting ill. Leads to a tendancy to self-medicate with booze which makes me feel rough and depressed. Stops me doing stuff I enjoy, which gioves me time to sit and brood. I cannot over emphasise how much it affects me.

the aches i get after excercise put me off doing it James as i will then obsess over my aches so i can sympathise with you there.
    im too much of a wuss to drink alcohol though id get liver failure after sniffing a bottle of wine HA is no fun is it xxx

i dont really worry about my heart even though i have high blood pressure and cholesterol and i have family members die of heart attack like you i would rather die of a heart attack my dad died of lung cancer my mums primary cancer was never found she died of the secondarys and jamesk i also drink to much because of my anxities and that bothers me x

Quote Originally Posted by purplehippo View Post
    my hubby is the same bronte ,trouble is he is a bit of a worry gut himself ,not as much as me and he doesnt obsess like i do but he doesnt give me the reassurance i crave and will often tell me how so and so from works great aunties wife has cancer on a daily basis,not somthing we need to hear is it we find these stories ourselves without others reminding us!
    my nan died of lung cancer just last week and its since her diagnosis that my paranoia has resurfaced itself after being in control of it for 4 years .
    my other nan currently has heart issues but for some reason these dont put the fear of god into me like cancer ,i think for me dying of a heart attack although awful it would be quick,id not know about it ect. but its the long windedness of cancer illness and the anticipation of when the end would be ect. that is the worst part(gosh arnt i jolly today!)
    Oh I could have written all of that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information