Thread: Back after doing so well but now so scared ovary cancer

Back after doing so well but now so scared ovary cancer

I haven't been on here for ages or google and have been doing so well but now I am having a major blip and so scared.

It's not me I am worried about its my mum aka my bestest friend. She has had ongoing tummy issues in that she has bad tummy pains followed by bouts of gas and this has been ongoing on and off for a while. Today she had a doctors appointment about something else and metioned her tummy to him. He felt her tummy and felt a slight swelling on the left side. He is sending her for a ultrasound. This along with the symptoms can surely only be OC and I am so scared and worried I can't think of any other cause. She is post menopausal and at the risk age :(((((

Re: Back after doing so well but now so scared ovary cancer

Kirstynic

Try not to worry - ovarian cysts are exceptionally common in post menopausal women and it does sound as if your mum is presenting with symptoms typical of a cyst.

These are almost always benign and can be dealt with quite easily.

When is she getting her ultrasound ?

I am sure all will be well, try and keep calm and remember that you are doing well and that you are bound to be worried about your mum (all people would be irrespective of suffering anxiety).

Macc Noodle
    xx

Re: Back after doing so well but now so scared ovary cancer

Not sure when she is getting her scan. I am sure they hold details back from me as they know how bad I am. I have read alot about OC in the past and everything seems to point to that and even cysts can be cancer ones. I haven't told my mum of my worries but I am convinced its that. I have been doing so well lately and just back from house hunting in the country how can I even consider moving away from my family :((

Thread Information