Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hairdressers

Re: Hairdressers

robinbrum..laughing at your comment..i use be a hairdresser..and i use to hate small talk with customers because i know deep down they thought.. im here for a haircut, not to chat rubbish...but my boss insisted we talked to people.

Where are you going for your holidays then cheryl?

lithuania..but sadly i have a fear of flying.

From a very young age I've never like going to the hairdressers. It's got worse in the last few years though when I had a panic attack during a haircut that I was having done for my mums funeral. Last time I wen was a couple of years ago for a wedding. I'm hoping it's something I'll be able to get through and work with my therapist with as I do want to be able to go at some point. I know what you mean with the chair and gown though, you do feel trapped. Those mirrors are awful, I hate looking at myself in the mirror at home, nevermind a great big one in a well lit room, which you're force to look at for hours (my hair takes hours to cut and style as it's so thick!). The nonsense chatter can be quite annoying too, sorry no offence to any hairdressers on here.

ive only ever been to the hairdressers three times in my life no hang on its actually four with the last time i went,,save hubby a fortune i do lol,,the last time i went to the hairdressers was about three years ago,,i made the mistake of saying the time before i could have done with a bit more off my hair,,came home with it cropped,,which ok didnt look that bad but hubby hated it said my hair was shorter than his lol,,now my hairs way past my shoulder blades ,,i hate the hairdressers cant see what anyone sees in it myself lol,,not only do they ask me where im going,,or am i going out anywhere nice when like has been said ive told them im agoraphobic,,but its the whole fussing thing,,and to think you pay through the nose to be terrified lol,,nowdays i cut it myself ,,wellllll i cant see the back anyway so who cares,, the fringe is ok only takes a minute ,,but my hair spends most of its life in a bun anyhow lol

Luckily my hair dosn't have much style so mymum use to trim it for me, however her eyesight is really bad so can't do it anymore. Try a mobile hairdresser that comes to your house you might feel more comfortable being in your own home. Ive just found a hairdressers thats very quiet, its a male hairdresser and ive been there twice now and feel comfortable it going. Theres no way I could go to a hip and trendy salon thats very busy so im pleased to have found this one and it alot cheaper that the salons.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information