Thread: To med or not to med, that is the question!

To med or not to med, that is the question!

hi everyone. Here goes. i have had HA Since before Christmas now. my main symptoms are general dizziness, headaches, occasional heart palpitating, swinging in ears etc. i have been doctors couple of times and time before last doctor gave me citro(sorry for selling)
    phram.
    i said i wasn't against having meds, but would like to rule out that there was a problem, so doctor done some blood tests. i am going back for results today, and IF they are normal, i know the doctor will suggest starting on the meds, but after reading posts etc, i am beginning to wonder if its worth it, as few people have said it makes little or no difference!
    would appreciate any feedback good or bad about anti depressions, so i can be bit more informed with my decision.
    thanks all, hope your all having a 'good' day xxx

---------- Post added at 09:04 ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 ----------

Ooo forgot to mention depersonisasion, is one of my main things, so would meds help w
    ith this? Ty

Re: To med or not to med, that is the question!

Hi Miss Sparkle,

Have a look in the forum on medications but dont get too weirded out about what some people say etc...... Meds have been good for me and perhaps some others.... some people dont like to take them for many reasons...

The feeling you get when you are on them at the start is not unlike the symptoms you described...

Keep up with some counselling too and CBT or ACT and yeah just remain positive.... good days and bad days!!!

of course its your choice, but meds for me have been a godsend not sure where id be today if wasnt for propranolol xx

Thankyou. like i say, not really against them, but don't want to end up feeling worst on them . fingers crossed my results are ok!

hope they are ok for you the results like everything i guess some meds make you better some worse, but always 1 to suit you i think ive tried the lot over the past few years lol x

lol. yes, i know a couple of people on them, and what suited one really didn't suit the other. i would like to try some counseling first, but im not sure if it will be offered by my gp.
    Im hoping that if its proven my symptoms are because of my anxiety , i will be able to try and overcome them, but i know its not that simple, as Im sure i will just find something else to worry about!

Thread Information