Thread: Embarrassing one - B.O...well, sort of...

Embarrassing one - B.O...well, sort of...

Odd symptom that nobody has mentioned - possibly because its embarrassing so I thought I'd ask.

Occasionally when I am suffering from anxiety but not full panic, I come out in a cold sweat and become aware of a bad smell from the armpits - its not the same smell as BO (the boyfriend has verified this[Ugh] for me) but it isn't all that pleasant either. Sometimes its only on one side as well which is even more strange.

Nobody at work has noticed this (I asked the ones that know about the panic) because as soon as I become aware of it I stay away from others and clamp my arms tightly to my sides. At one point it was so frequent that I used to bring changes of tops to work, along with deodorant wipes and sprays. I'm not working at the moment, and as soon as I stopped, so did the symptom....it has also never happened at weekends or on holiday, so its definitely got a stress link !!

Please reply if you have ever had anything like this - it was so inconvenient and embarrassing, I'd like to think I wasn't on my own!!

Yes I sweat more too and I get BO, I had to bring deodrant around with me everywhere and I had to change after going out. This only affected me when I was anxious.

Another embarrassing symptom I had, bad breath, ow god, I had to bring chewing gum with me too! Lol.

Scooties Back

Hi Molly
    Does the deodorant you use have anti perspirant in it?

Some are just deodorants not anti perspirants which you need

Hope that helps
    Pam x

I have horrible hot flashes - yeah I'm old OK??!! LOL
    The only thing that I have found that helps is corn starch. I carry a little travel size bottle in my purse and use it often. Really cuts down on the wetness. You can mix cornstarch and baking soda and that would help with odor too.
    Hope it helps

Sandy
    (eeyorelover)

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself. "I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along."

- Elenor Roosevelt

Thanks - nice to know I'm not alone there.

Brenda, I think I tried every one on the market [Sigh...] it just doesn't seem to be the same thing as ordinary sweat so it doesn't respond to the same things either....

I use one which i can't remember the name of [:I]

It's in a green bottle and its reallllllly good.

I too have the same problem. I am someone who usually never sweats but in the past few weeks I have become a sweat machine do to anxiety. It has even gotten to the point that I have considered taking 2 showers a day. The cornstarch does help.

worrying is alot Like a Rocking Chair It is something todo but it won't get you anywhere

Thread Information