Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Agoraphobia? (Benefits) anybody help?

Re: Agoraphobia? (Benefits) anybody help?

i know you can get the lowest rate of dla when your agoraphobic because i did,,i dont know how much that is nowdays,,
    this is going to sound odd but get ntouch with your local health clinic through them i was put intouch with two lovely ladies from the council who also worked with mind,,who eased me out my house at my own rate and time,,they were lovely even on the days i didnt want or couldnt leave my house they allowed me to talk through my worrys,,try it out might be well worth it hun,,what you got to loose,,stay strong helps out there x

Thank you.
    I do try a lot to get out and I would love to be able to get out and get money because there are so many nice things I want to buy but I find myself so unable to do that and I hate it :(
    I will try all the things mentioned by everybody and I hope I can sort something out.
    I am very grateful to my friend and her mother and I wish I had money to pay them back for everything but I don't.
    Living here is getting complicated, if I was able to go out and get money and visit the doctor and do all this stuff then I would find somewhere else to live.
    I will call my doctor and see what they suggest, a while ago they did give me a short sick note.

Good, I am so pleased. Don't put off calling the doctor though, I can't tell you how many times I have done that. Leaving it just makes it harder to do. I'm sorry if I sounded harsh but I have been where you are now - not the living with friends bit but not wanting to do anything and not knowing where to turn. It is so very difficult, I really understand all that you said.
    I know you don't feel motivated to get up sometimes but you are not going to move forward that way. Little steps like this are what it takes.

i was exactly the same. i couldn't go out anywhere or do anything but sit in my bed till the other day when i decided things had to change. i went to the docs which was hell but i got it done and got put on sertraline. i to was also scared by this but something had to change and although i'm only a day into it and not liking the effects im gonna see it through. you can do it, find that little spark and it'll help you so much.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information