Thread: Normal anxiety reaction?

Question Normal anxiety reaction?

Lately I've been having obsessive thoughts about harming myself or others. I've been working on giving those thoughts no importance and it seems to be helping so far. However, I still have thoughts of "what if I DID harm myself and die, how would my family and friends be affected?" and I ALWAYS get this huge lump in my throat and want to cry. I'm a little bit scared because I do not get actual anxiety with these thoughts, if I do it's very seldom. I always just want to cry, which can be rather embarrassing if I'm in public. Opinions/advice?

Re: Normal anxiety reaction?

Bless you , they are just part of being anxious hunny , I m sure you would not harm yourself or others , I used to dream of being at my own funeral and saw everyone crying , I used to have that all the time in the endmindecided I was just feeling sorry for myself and why should we feel sorry for ourselves there's nothing wrong with us really , why shouldn't we have the best in life ? Do we not deserve it ? Of course we do what is it you want out of life ??? I ll tell you I wanted to go in a shop and smash all the china , like a bull in a china shop lol . I know where your coming from . Go do some thing you enjoy or want don't let anything stop you . But I'm sure it's not harming yourself I always tell myself "what we think about we bring about "
    Look after your self
    Hugs xxxx
    Zoe

---------- Post added at 18:02 ---------- Previous post was at 18:00 ----------

Positive thoughts hunny
    Xxxx
    Zoe xx

Re: Normal anxiety reaction?

Thank you very much Today was actually a really good day. I went out with my family and had a great time. It's toughest when I'm not doing anything, then my mind likes to wander and it can get annoying.

Thread Information