Thread: Ovarian cysts?

Ovarian cysts?

Hello again...

A while ago I was on here panicking about having cervical cancer, though I accept now I was probably overreacting to a water infection (especially as it went away with cranberry :/)

However I do think I've developed ovarian cysts recently. A week or so ago I had a sharp pain in one side. It only lasted for a few hours, and then I found a bit of blood. I thought it was strange, as it was like something had popped inside me.

Now for a few days I've had pains - a little in my stomach, but mostly in my sides, around where my ovaries are. I'm not in agony, but it is uncomfortable. About three months ago I had ultrasound scans and they were normal, but I'm wondering if I could have developed cysts since? I know it's not a water infection this time, as I went to the doctor's recently and they took a urine sample; also the pain is different this time.

I can't go to the doctor's again as I'm going abroad for a while this weekend. I think I'd be too embarrassed to go back yet again anyway, though I am worried about going abroad ill or in pain. I stopped taking the Pill in January, if they are cysts would going back on it make them go away?

Could I have cysts? God I sound lame:/

Re: Ovarian cysts?

where did the blood come from?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I didn't really have bad pains with my cysts either so I am not sure it is that.

Could be IBS as well

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I have heard that it is very normal for most women to develop these cysts and then they pass. I did know one friend who had one rupture, she bled, and she was just fine after. May as well go into the docs just to be safe though.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    where did the blood come from?
    It was vaginal bleeding, but just a bit of spotting, for one day (I had been having other problems with spotting a couple of weeks earlier so I don't know if it was just linked to that).

I'm just a bit fed up atm, since my insides have been going a bit haywire recently. In the last three months I've had spotting, water infections and various pains. I just want all these things to go away! But I've been to the doctor's three times in the last three months and they never find anything:/ [/rant]

Can they get you a scan to check for cysts

Well the tricky thing is that I'm going abroad tomorrow for four months (I'm a language student). Obviously there are doctors abroad, but going to them is no fun. I wanted to get all my problems sorted before going away but I've failed on that, evidently.

That's why I was wondering if going back on the Pill would help if they are cysts?

I don't think it will but my cyst went away on its own and now I just have fibroids

Thread Information