Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Met a lovely man need to share some fears!

Re: Met a lovely man need to share some fears!

Hi Muffin,
    really pleased you've found yourself a good'n. x
    And Capricorn, long may your happiness last. Whatever you decide to do, however quickly you decide to reveal how life has been for you, or if you decide to keep part of you private, that's alright. No rule book, we're all different.
    I've tried both options with varying degrees of disaster/success. Telling someone you have a mental health problem and sometimes you can't see them for dust....vroooom, gone. Tell them you have a history of abuse and they might get angry and thump the wall...., not very helpful, or one bloke started to cry, I felt very awkward. We're just all different.

One day a 'perfect for me' bloke will turn up.
    Hopefully this guy you're talking about is perfect for you.

Best of luck

Doxy

Re: Met a lovely man need to share some fears!

Oh Ellie,

I know exactly how you feel!!! My last relationship, and now my current one have both been with guys with a very, very short sexual history. Annnd my sexual history....more like a saga. Some of it good, some of it bad -- but it's what makes me me. It's amazing how the right guy can make the other guys seem so wrong. But you have to give yourself some credit -- sure we make mistakes but most of the time we do what feels right at that point in our lives. We didn't have the beauty of hindsight then!
    My most horrendous obsessions at the moment, which I could probably scribble down as my main hobbies on my CV for all the time they take up in my life, are having HIV and herpes which I'm worried I will lovingly pass on to my bf. The kicker for me is that apparently the chances of having something like herpes increases with the number of partners you have. I actually asked him the other day if, you know, everything erm, downstairs was still OK. He knew exactly what I was talking about and said 'don't worry it hasn't melted'. The ridiculous thing is I dont have HIV and I've never had any symptoms of herpes and even if I did, its only a cold sore downstairs.

Anyway, what Im trying to say in a very round a bout way is to be kind to yourself. The past is the past, and while it doesn't seem that way the mistakes we've made as well as our good decisions all make us who we are today. Which is pretty bloody special, with or without our broken record brains!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information