Thread: Frustrated.

Angry Frustrated.

Is anyone else out there awake? I've been doing pretty well at overcoming my insomnia, but it seems that every weekend things go back to how they were at square one. I live with other people, and they like to stay up on the weekends. Since they are usually the last ones to go to bed, I can't help but be compelled to stay up with them. I am such a light sleeper as it is, and this insomnia thing isn't helping with that, so I find it hard to fall asleep if it's not pretty quiet. During the week there is a good routine, everyone is in bed by 9:30 or so. But on weekends it's more like 11:30 or 12. To make matters even more interesting, I work long days on both Saturday and Sunday. I took my trazadone tonight and took a hot shower before going to bed, but I always get anxious on these nights because I know that everyone is going to be up by a certain time and I have work. I don't like dealing with this, and am just ready to conquer it! UGH

-Hayley

Re: Frustrated.

Sounds like you're in a bit of a difficult situation there and of course worry never helps sleep. I understand when you say you feel compelled to stay up later on those nights, but isn't that contributing to problems for you? Would it be worth challenging the belief you feel you should stay up and maybe consider putting yourself first. Is it worth chatting to the other people in the house and explaining you have a genuine health and sleep problem, you might be surprised they won't mind at all if you keep a regular routine.

Thread Information