Thread: Derealization.

Derealization.

Since I had a huge panic attack on sunday I have felt very strange like i'm in a bubble and the outside world just seems unreal. This is very distressing to me and is making me depressed as well as anxious as I don't know how to cope with it. I'm just really worried that this feeling might never go away and I might never get better. Does anyone know of any ways to help with this? I'm on beta blockers for the anxiety and am starting CBT on Monday but i'm worried this derealization might not go away

Re: Derealization.

i feel same today,well last few days,i know im fit and healthy but had severe anxiety the last week,an cant seem to shake myself as if i feel somehow different

Alex, rest assured, it will go as your anxiety subsides. It can be quite frightening but It's just another symptom we have to endure. Hope you feel better soon, good luck with the CBT.

D...hope you are ok hun

Depersonalisation and Derealization are only symptons, and not illnesses theirself (thankgod) - as it means they do fade when your anxiety calms down..... Youve got CBT monday, so thats good, and therapist will help explain all these feelings to you...
    Distraction is the best thing, occupy yourself and do something.

Thank you all so much, today has been a better day but I just really want to get rid of this horrible symptom so I can get back to being myself again.

Hey alex, ive been dealing with this for 4 months now and im not going to lie its been hell. im 16 years old and it has interfered with my school work, social life and my all round enjoyment to be honest

im starting CBT in March, and have a doctors appointment wednesday for maybe going on some medication, right now as i type im feeling it so bad, everything feels so unreal and asif its a virtual world or a picture, it feels weird to be here and im so frightened, also my mum and dad are going out for the night now, sorry to sound like a girl but im petrified :(

Hope this goes soon for both of us take care mate x

I hope it goes for us soon aswell! We just have to stay strong and accept what is happening I think!

Thread Information