Do you think if you had someone in your life who accepted you completely and utterly, anxiety and panic and faults and all, and still loved you dearly, it would help you?

I don't feel accepted unconditionally by anyone (there are few people in my life anyway). My close family of course accept various parts of me (most parts probably) but since I lost my mum five years ago I don't have anyone I feel accepts me for every part of me. I think that may be my problem (it was when my mum was sick with cancer that I started having panic attacks).

I am also super self-critical, and always have been. When I've had girlfriends who loved me dearly I think I couldn't accept their love properly because I am always unhappy with myself - how can someone care so much for me when I do not like so many aspects of myself (my weakness, my sensitivity, my lack of confidence and fighting spirit, and more!)?

I've been very depressed recently, so sorry if this thread reads as self-pity. It probably is. I would just like to be happy and comfortable, and to have something to look forward to in the future, but I really feel that I will never have that again...it's been so long (maybe ten years).

I don't want this thread to be about me and my situation. I'd like to hear any thoughts you have about acceptance of the weakness of others, unconditional love, and self-acceptance despite the faults you see so clearly within yourself.

Thank you