Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Harm OCD

Re: Harm OCD

I havnt stopped doing anything I like doing. I work go the gym go shopping etc but I can't accept these thoughts as intrusive. I am terrified. I am so angry at that doctor. I told my mum and my mum went back in and told her she had made me 10 times worse. I was so much better yesterday and had a total hang on my OCD! Well what I thought was OCD anyway x

Sam66 no offence but your comments aren't helping.

Doctors are wrong more than they are right. Mine told me I had tonsillitis and I had glandular fever, said I had an eating disorder and it was anxiety. Infact I can't remember a time they were right!

It's OCD!!! And you know you have got through it before. You helped me in my dark days so if you need to talk just PM me x

I have been diagnosed with ocd, but not for thinking of harming others, perhaps ocd is different to different sufferers, Id never think of hurting or causing pain to anyone, just not in my nature, I guess we are all different.

---------- Post added at 18:59 ---------- Previous post was at 18:57 ----------

it was an observation, I'll bow out of this topic as it doesnt seem to apply to me and my comments arent helping, keep well

No ur comments on OCD are not helping at all and so I don't see why u felt the need to comment if it's not something u can relate to.

the thing is sam that its obv s not in any off our natures also infact most people who have ocd have a high moral against violence and horrid stuff hence the hell we face every day ending up with depression anxiety ext , ocd take s many many forms and if the docs cannot get it right we cant expect people whom havent or who are uneducated on it too understand it .
    have a read on this link it may give u a insight hun , and i do hope n pray your ocd dont ever take a turn on this one , but do be aware iv had a few different types of ocd through out my life and this is far the most distressing one :( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purely_Obsessional_OCD

scared your be ok i suffer this shite every day if ya need me pm me .
    big hugs buddy
    xx

Hi scared - How are you feeling today? I know each day is an uphill struggle. Keep strong! x

I am still feeling pretty scared. I have spoken to someone who has depression and she said that all my symptoms just sound like depression. Which has scared me abit also because I use OCD as a reassurance sometimes and if it's not OCD then maybe all my feelings and thoughts are real?

U m going back the doctors today to get some meds and waiting for an assessment from the psychiatrist. I have spent so long reading up on things and diagnosing myself. I know u have a form of OCD an always thought that the depression came after that but now I am wondering if te OCD has kicked in because I was depressed. I just don't know.

To be honest I think it can happen either way round. Either you can have OCD and then feel depressed because of it or you can have depression and as a coping mechanism have slipped into OCD traits. Can I ask do you avoid? Do you avoid bridges or hide knives or avoid knives or anything like that?

I don't avoid these but they cause me huge anxiety and worry. I k ow I won't act on an impulse it's more I am fearful it's something I want. Like I am scared I am never going to get better and the depression is going to drive me to do it.

I am starting on sertraline today so hopefully I will see some improvement and light soon x

Yeah I get that - mostly I fear that its what I want rather than I'll actually act on it.

I think this is just your obsession part of ocd like mine is harming children.
    I hope soon the sertraline starts to work for you xx

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information