Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anxiety Around menstrul cycle

Re: Anxiety Around menstrul cycle

I can really identify with this right now!

I'm on day three of really heavy bleeding (sorry!). Got woken early with anxiety, took 5mg diazepam, did nothing, then two paracetamol. Got up, had diarrohea (sorry!), fed the cats and went back to bed until teatime.

Only just had a shower and brushed my teeth!

My period came 3 days early this month and on day one I was like a woman possessed!

My GP recommended Agnus Castus but I already take so many pills I'm reluctant to take any more for fear of rattling!

Haz. x

Hi Haz just been reading one of your posts and you said you are taking sertraline?

How are you finding it and what is it good for anxiety or depression?

Also did you have bad side effects with it? Sorry for all the questions but I have just been given it but after the shit SE with prozac and cit I just dont think I could put myself throough it all again. I am not taking anything at the moment. I am not too bad. And the reason I have been bad with my nerves is a marriage break up which I wanted but them 2010 was a bad year i had a car crash lost my job left my husband sold my house which I loved and then was in hospital with a bad water infection as I weed blood and got the fright of my life i was in hospital for 3 days then from sep 2010 upto feb 2011 I had 4 or 5 tests and waiting for the results was awfull anyway thank god it was just water infection. but my main worry I cant seem to get over is all this made my blood pressure go a bit up. it is fine now but I seem to worry about it and that is my phobia.

And I just feel it is so silly to take antidepressents just because I have white coat syndrome. I am on the waiting list for CBT so I am hoping that will help me get it out of my mind.

Sorry to go on but I think it is good to know why a person has been prerscribed meds.

Would love to hear what you have to say about sertraline. I don't have periods now but what helped me with my pmt was evening primrose oil which my GP gave me as my boobs used to be so so painful and sore it was a nightmare. I always found once my period came I would feel so relived and felt great lol

Cathy xx

Yep definitely a correlation between anxiety increasing and hormonal activity - which is why when you enter the perimenopause, you can suffer a rollercoaster of anx. as the levels rise and fall.

Cathy, I've PM'd you.

I have HA and my anxiety goes through the roof the week before my period along with awful palpitations and ectopics that wake me up they're so bad. I'm perimenopausal which makes it worse as my hormones are all over the place. I used to be able to time my period to the day, so at least I was expecting the horrible symptoms, but now my periods are more erratic (sometimes every 3 weeks sometimes 6) I don't know whether I'm coming or going!

Quote Originally Posted by miss polly View Post
    I have HA and my anxiety goes through the roof the week before my period along with awful palpitations and ectopics that wake me up they're so bad. I'm perimenopausal which makes it worse as my hormones are all over the place. I used to be able to time my period to the day, so at least I was expecting the horrible symptoms, but now my periods are more erratic (sometimes every 3 weeks sometimes 6) I don't know whether I'm coming or going!

Miss Polly it is a real pain isn't it???? Drives me nuts having gone from being super regular and no problems to hormonal hell - no idea when the next period will be - last one was 3 months coming!!! And my ovulation pain indicator (Lol) has gone all wonky now - had it more or less for 3 weeks - what is that all about !!!!

Oh well - all part of life's rich tapestry eh

Macc Noodle

Quote Originally Posted by macc noodle View Post
    Miss Polly it is a real pain isn't it???? Drives me nuts having gone from being super regular and no problems to hormonal hell - no idea when the next period will be - last one was 3 months coming!!! And my ovulation pain indicator (Lol) has gone all wonky now - had it more or less for 3 weeks - what is that all about !!!!

Oh well - all part of life's rich tapestry eh

Macc Noodle
    It's awful Macc and the thought this could go on for years scares the doodah out of me!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information