Thread: urgent advice needed or i wont sleep at all tonight!

Exclamation urgent advice needed or i wont sleep at all tonight!

I started cbt 3 weeks ago and I was already making steady progress. The only problem is though the therapist only ever helps with day to day things such as going out of the house and going to college. When I brought up my more irrational fears she just said that as I get myself out more and improve my every day anxieties, the irrational panic should slowly go too. I
    v had a really positive few days until I turn on the news tonight and they warn us of another cold war :/ this newspaper article outlines what it was about..
    http://m.timesofindia.com/world/uk/I...w/11940410.cms
    Now im panicking so bad I actually want to die now just so I can stop worrying about death, if that makes sense?
    Is this serious and should we be worried?

Re: urgent advice needed or i wont sleep at all tonight!

Use the search function and go back even a few years and you will see the newspapers are always talking about the world coming to an end .... and surprise surprise the world is still here I'm willing to bet that people living in the 1st world will never see any war in my life time

Just be glad you live in a safe part of the world and rest easy that the world will still be there in the morning

The world as a whole is a pretty mucked up scary place.... but YOU have no control over any of these things happening... so there is NO POINT is wasting your energy on worrying.... a cold war, means not actual war...just the threat..... so dont worry...and if the worst happens and there was a war, then nothing we can do about that either! when our time is up its up...
    what you do need to do, is start enjoying your life, in the here and now... stop looking for doom and gloom.... you are alive now, and should live every day to the full...
    We are all in the same situation as you, everyone in the world.... but serves no purpose to worry.... there are so many things that COULD happen, but may not...like meteors hitting earth, etc etc etc.......
    just let these worries go.......

I know I Feel so selfish sometimes for worrying about something only when it could directly affect me, when people in other places in the world are already suffering from war and disaster.
    But to be honest if I worried about that too I'd probably end up having a mental breakdown cos that would be another thing that I can't control!
    I can't help thinking that something really bad is gunna happen soon and even though day to day I tell myself im feeling better, its still at the back of my mind stopping me from making long term plans!

Quote Originally Posted by neroo View Post
    people living in the 1st world
    what does that mean????

worrying can become like a drug that we use to inflict pain on our self.as you gain control of the things that have brought you pain in the past. It seems that your seeking new things to give you the rush of worrying that you had in the past

Its hard not to be defined by are weakness

---------- Post added at 23:14 ---------- Previous post was at 23:12 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsky View Post
    what does that mean????
    The 1st as in the developed countries that on the whole are stable and the government is able to offer some protection to the people that live within

Thread Information