Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: Attitude of Gratitude2 anyone can come and join.

Re: Attitude of Gratitude2 anyone can come and join.

- Donald Trump
    - Donald Trump
    - Donald Trump
    - Donald Trump
    - Donald Trump

- I am alive.
    - I'm grateful to be accessing my capacity to be grateful.
    - I'm grateful that I am able to take notice of the good things in life.
    - My friend wants to work with me.
    - I had the energy to dance in my room for a bit of exercise!

- The accessibility of everything I want. I want great coffee? It's a 3 min bus ride away. I want kisses? I'll see one of my boyfriends in the next few days. I want pomelo? It's at the end of my street for £1.79. I want goats cheese? There's two different kinds in Sainsburys. All the things that I want, I can have them.
    - The fact that my desires are within reach. I want a home without mould, I want an instax camera, I want a badge maker, I want a princess dress - but I don't want them so much right now that it makes me unhappy. I know how to be satisfied and happy with what I have; to appreciate all the things I already have and have access to.
    - The unbearably hard work of learning how to talk about difficult things with people, on sensitive topics, is paying off. I manage difficult conversations much better, in a much more diplomatic, proactive way, focused on finding a resolution. I'm not immediately self sacrificing as I used to be, yet I also leave room for the other person to feel not-guilty for making a decision that isn't good for me, if it's the right thing for them.
    - My phone still works even though it's a year and a half old with very heavy use. Other ones I've had have packed it in by now and I'd be stuck on a 24 month contract. Phones that don't work properly create annoying little situations several times a day, so I'm grateful to not have that.
    - I'm grateful that people I haven't seen in a long time still reach out because they want to see me. It's so good that I'm not the only one that does all the chasing.

This is a great thread!

- I'm grateful for having had the courage to get up and go for a run today. It was in the pouring rain and I had a lovely conversation with my neighbour which cheered me up.
    - I'm hacking through my thesis bit by bit and it's going fast at the moment.
    - I applied for a job I really want earlier this week, which is a big step for me, as I hate the idea of being rejected. But if you don't try, right?
    - I'm grateful for having people on here who understand how I'm feeling even when I don't understand myself
    - I'm grateful that I'm going to see my best friend at the weekend and spend time with her

there are people in the world like me
    i know how to identify myself with other people, even in tenuous ways, so that I can relate to them
    I have enough space to feel that I have space
    for all the people who are out of my life where we've parted on good terms
    for the feeling that interesting beautiful possibilities lie in the future

- things I've drawn ages ago that still make me happy
    - clothes i love
    - the availability of laughter yoga
    - aeroplanes
    - electricity giving us light at night

- I am in good practice of self care
    - bitchy texts from my mum make me feel sorry for her rather than hurt
    - the shower works really well
    - I like my bedsheets
    - I'm learning what's right for me in relationships

- I had higher-than-normal energy today, YAY!
    - I live in such a fantastic city, full of vibrance and hidden gems of creativity. I'll never have seen everything just in this city, let alone the world - what privilege to wander around.
    - I'm not in a place where I worry about the price of coffee. I choose the one I really want, rather than the one which is 20p cheaper. It's a massive privilege to not have those thoughts in my head all the time, as I used to have.
    - I really love my books. They are an extension of my self. Thank you universe for bringing me the books that help me know who I am. Thank you, all you writers and publishers and book makers and all the others that created each and every one of you books.
    - Thank you world for giving us the format of protests to try and affect change. Please, world, can you show us some other ways that we can also try to affect the world?

- other people describe their experience of anxiety, suicidalness, rape etc on the internet and I can relate to them, so I feel very connected to the world.
    - the internet made this happen. thank you www.
    - serendipity that brings me people to work with
    - endless access to entertainment
    - I'm totally spoilt for choice in everything. So grateful for abundance, and being able to recognise the abundance around me.

Things I'm grateful for:

I'm physically healthy
    I have a safe place to live
    I have a car that runs
    I have NMP friends to chat with
    My family is healthy

I think that is part of anxiety is to much focus on "what if" and the negative. We need to learn to appreciate what we have. I read somewhere, "there is someone out there that is praying for what you have" Something to think about. I think no matter how bad things appear to be, there is at least one thing in life to appreciate.

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread Information