Thread: Lung Cancer - health anxiety relapse or more?

Lung Cancer - health anxiety relapse or more?

Hello.. i have not been on here in a very long time i thought i was doing well with my health anxiety but now i am starting to think otherwise... i am in a extreme panic right now.. anyways.. here it goes... i woke up because i felt as if i couldn't breath.. this is the second night (yes i have been smoking) i have been smoking off and on throughout my life i am 26 years old... i have felt like this before but i always thought it was anxiety but i didn't think it could make me feel like this while i was trying to sleep? im really panicking right now and i need someone to talk to..is there anybody out there that can relate? can anyone help me today please?

When you want it
    It goes away too fast
    Times u hate it
    It always seems to last

Re: Lung Cancer - health anxiety relapse or more?

hi ya
    your not alone.
    ive thaught about lung cancer too but i think i have that worry slightly under control right now(have many other life threatening illnesses as you can imagine!)
    my nan recently died of lung cancer(just what you wanted to hear i bet!) but... she didnt present with being short of breath as a symptom ,i wont list what hers were as itll just make you worse but bealive me you would know as would your doctor. Also take some peace in that she was my nan not someone who is 26(bealive me im not belittling your worries when she was diagnosed and still i convince myself of every cancer under the sun terrible!)
    have you been to your gp about your concerns?

---------- Post added at 08:16 ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 ----------

not that i think you need to be concerned just so you can get some reassurance and possibly some help if your HA is getting too much xxx

no i don't like to go to the doctor.. doctor's scare me i havent been in about a couple years i think

When you want it
    It goes away too fast
    Times u hate it
    It always seems to last

I dont think you need to go for your physical symptoms,but if you could get the courage to go then i reckon it would really put your mind at rest over it .
    I went through a spell when younger of having these fears but being scared to get things checked,ive gone the other way now and get everything checked all the time!
    its weird how we all cope in differant ways.
    Try not to google too much that helps alot xxxx

I was just worried for 2 months straight that I had something wrong with my lungs, but never felt out of breath. Last week I have basically every test imaginable done on my lungs, and my dr told me they are more than 100%, and I'm perfectly fine, so I tried to put my worries away.

I've been feeling almost 100% better except for the occasional worry. Guess what happened to me 2 times last night? I woke up in the middle of the night out of breath. Not gasping for air, just breathing heavy, like I couldnt catch my breath.

So I'd say if thats your only symptom, dont worry too much, because I feel much better, and I still get the exact same thing as you, even though my minds at ease. Sometimes it feels like theres no way our but atleast we're not alone.

Andyroo,

I went through what you're going through. I had even more symptoms (breathlessness and cough) I had a chest x-ray and they found a shadow on my lung - to say I was scared is a f***ing understatement! The reason I'm telling you this is because the doctors kept telling me that I had no reason to worry about cancer because I was way too young (I'm seven years older than you) It turned out that my symptoms were all anxiety related and the shadow was harmless.
    So at your age, even if you smoke on and off, the chance of having lung cancer is so small. I would see your doctor if your breathlessness persists, just so he can put your mind at rest.

I just wanted to thank everyone that took the time to reply to me.. i haven't had a HA attack like this in a very long time.. thank you so much for the support! I think I am starting to feel better already!

I thought i was better.. i have been so strong.. i travel to Spain.. i work everyday.. i am working hard to go far in this business.. my mind has been so busy.. i thought i was past this HA thing.. but i guess i learned my lesson! HA is around the corner waiting to creep upon us.. stay strong and show it who's the boss!

When you want it
    It goes away too fast
    Times u hate it
    It always seems to last

Thread Information