Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: About me

Re: About me

Hang in there blade, you'll get there! The tiredness is a nightmare I know, but it will pass. Paula is right, diet is key. I'm a motorbike fanatic as well. Just sold my Buell 1125R, am a Triumph man now, although selling the Buell was a real wrench :-( Just can't get the gumption up to ride it at the moment; such beautiful weather today as well.....Keep posting.

i know what the pitchfork is for now , to fight you off if i bring the wrong pot noodle !

Abarth , ive had 4 blades , sold the last one before xmas and now on the lookout , was thinking of a triumph this time , buy british and all that , i like track days too

Today .... still crazy tired and body aching , fuzzy head , fuzzier than normal , such big side effects from such a little pill

P.S You married a biker without a bike Paula
    Last edited by Blade; 23-02-12 at 16:15.

Hi guys,

I once had a 50cc Honda moped in cool red and white with a hair-raising top speed of 30mph. Can I join in?!

Hope you're all feeling ok today. I'm feeling remarkably perky and have just come back from a run. These meds really can help but they take quite a while to kick in fully. I'm getting on for the two month mark and still improving every day. As well as feeling more relaxed, I am generally much more positive which then makes me feel even better. An upward spiral for a change.

Blade - the side effects wear off pretty quickly and those which don't, you learn to live with. Stick with it - I know it's not great at first.

Keep at it

Pip x

Pipkin ... Its really good to hear something positive , thanks , i gotta be honest i was close to not taking pill today , i wanted to feel better but i know thats would be counter productive , wish i could go to sleep for a couple of weeks and wake when side effects are less . silly really, been sick for years now and i cant wait 2-3 more weeks , hope i,m not building myself up for a fall

Oh and " once a biker always a biker "

Blade,

No really, stick with it. I know how awful it can be for the first few weeks. I honestly thought I was on the road to being sectioned and even ended up at hospital one Sunday. I have the feeling I must have looked like one of those people you used stare at when you were younger, ranting in the streets and muttering obscenities. I couldn't concentrate on reading (my favourite distraction) and every little noise set my heart racing and gave me that awful tight feeling in my stomach. The GP gave me beta blockers when I then swapped ADs (I was first on sertraline, now on venlafaxine) and they really helped. I then stopped them after a couple of weeks when the ven side effects had calmed down. Might be worth a chat with your GP?

The improvements came gradually and it's only by looking back that I can see how far I've come. They will start to work soon. It's worth giving it a few more weeks, isn't it?

Take care

Pip

Hi Blade

Well I guess I have some social anxiety too. I learned a lot from my mother - hating the phone, not answering the door, and now in my bad times I avoid contact and cancel plans, don't go to parties. I just don't want to talk about myself or pretend that I'm fine or do small talk. I run a business too but tbh I let my partner take the brunt now. I've done damage to it by not working on it. I just turn up for the clients and then it's SHOW TIME and then after that back to the batcave.

Citalopram really helped me last year, or was it the year before, I've lost track. It took a couple of weeks to kick in and I think I went up to 30mg. I was sleeping a lot and the old libido took a nosedive, but then I started taking it at bedtime so the sleep became useful. Stick with it as you won't be able to tell if it works. You might feel a bit ditzy but it's a hell of a lot better than crawling under the duvet thinking about razors.

Good luck!

Well , this morning i felt crap again but this afternoon , with the sun out i actually felt ok ish , for me anyway , dont know if its the nice weather or what but long may it continue eh

Mashed Banana ... i know exactly what its like to keep canceling plans and meetings , ive done it so much i now dont have to , coz no one calls me any more and the meetings are done by one of my guys , a bit sad but what can you do , you have to deal with stuff the way you have to ....And whats with the name , mashed banana ?

Today is a better day

Hi Blade
    Good to hear you're having an 'up' today, thats great. Beautiful weather, I actually went out on the trumpet earlier as I was late for my appointment and the bike was the only option. I saw a brand new fireblade and thought of you! Here's hoping it's the first of many good days.
    Cheers
    Antony

Abarth, a triumph, Im a Harley fan but far to short to ride one, bikiing I think is just right for some people, put me behind a wheel of a car Im a nightmare but biking is so different, triumphs are lovely bikes

Nice one Abarth , do you ever go to box hill ?

Sam66 .....Hello , glad you diddnt leave , now i said hello

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information