Re: About me

Welcome Blade, I hope you are coping x

Thanks Sam , This is all new to me but i seem to like it here

Good Blade I hope you find it all helpful x

Hey there Sam/Blade
    It was great to be out on the bike; only the 2nd time I have ridden it. It's the last of the 955i Daytona's so it has plenty of stomp, although the 1125R was absolutely brutal. I've not done Boxhill, although its only a little way around the M25 from me. Sam, you're right about the difference between biking and cars! Thing is you don't get snarled up on a bike, total freedom. Ideas on next bike Blade? Was your bike one of the new breed (post 04)? I've had 2 cbr600, never missed a beat!

my kids hate me riding a bike not that I have the courage to right now, 'you crash in a car, you write it off, you crash on a bike you die', but thats the thrill, middle aged and female, perhaps I need to grow up :/

---------- Post added at 21:19 ---------- Previous post was at 21:19 ----------

mid life crisis?

not a mid life crisis Sam , your old enough to know how to keep safe and enjoy it !!! how old are your kids Sam ?

Arbarth ... the buell looks like a lot of fun , i had 2 929s a 954 and then a 1000rr , all new apart from the 1st 929 ,before that cbr6 , thought i was too old for sports bikes now but i think ill get another , i miss the track , ill test ride the trumpet and the new RR and possibly the BMW but i just got a thing for Hondas .

Re the biking thing , its the only time i feel really alive and free and , strangely enough , Safe .

Ironic isn't it? When riding though, there's not much room for other thoughts which is why we finish a trip feeling alive, refreshed and clear headed. I understand the Honda thing. They always feel 'just right' straight out of the box and they never break. Love the 929, but bought a zx9r E1, as one came my way cheap at the time. The Buell was quirky and difficult on normal roads; too much for me. I really like the 1000rr, but again its way to good for me, it would be a waste on my paltry skills! That's why the Buell had to go. Bought it new and did 1500 miles in 2 years!! The 955i is quick enough and such good value as a used buy, got it for peanuts really! I also have a Suzuki GSR600 (its like a mini BKing) which is really fun. I should really have just stuck with that, but i have a thing about having a big bike! You're never too old to ride! At 43 i'd feel a little conspicuous on one of these ultra flash modern 600's, apart from the 675 triple. But modern litre bikes, if you can handle them, are just stunning. If its what you love, you've got to do it! Trouble I have at the mo, is that mostly I feel so rubbish, I cant even be bothered to squeeze into my leathers, doh!
    Keep on the up!
    Ant.

Took dogs out today , felt ok , little steps eh . Not sure if your supposed to have alcohol with citalopram but i had a couple of glasses of wine last night , first since ive been on meds and today , so far , i feel ok , not ok as in go out and chat and mix but ok as in not paranoid or have that feeling of impending doom . I diddnt get out of me pit until 10.30 but i blame that on the drugs

So far , good day

Hi Blade,

Good to see you're perking up a bit. Early days for you on citalopram but it looks encouraging.

Never been on cit so I can't comment on drinking whilst taking them but I'm on venlafaxine and it says to avoid alcohol. I looked into this a bit more because, although I don't drink very much, the thought of not drinking at all for months was a bit depressing. The reason they advise not to drink is because it can make you very drowsy and I know some people have one drink and then drive (I don't). I've had a few glasses of wine and it's been ok. Best to check what it says about cit?

Take care and keep at it

Pip

Bugger , so far today isnt good , shakey , nervous i got that horrible feeling in my gut , dont even want to take dogs out ! . had 3 glasses of wine last night i wonder if its connected .

Bad day , but its early days yet , fingers crossed

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information