Thread: Brown discharge and heavy period on the pill

Question Brown discharge and heavy period on the pill

Hi fellow worriers, I have been on the pill for about 8 years and I have been so worried because I finished my period on the pill and then a week later some light brown stuff was in my underwear and it kept happening for a whole week until it turned dark brown and then became bright red (like a heavy period) for about 4 days and then it got less and less and I was so relieved (even though I was almost due to get it again) but then I had sex and BAM blood again and heavy and sore! then I was due to get my actual period again as I started the sugar tablets. So I'm tired, cranky with a heavy period and worried as I have been bleeding for quite a while and I'm about to go on holiday, has this ever happened to any-one? What do you think it is? Replies would be much appreciated also I am not sure as I have been working lately after a long break between jobs but I may have missed a pill in the week after I finished my period...could having missed one caused this? I am not 100% if I did but could have it and if I didn't miss one could it happen anyway...I have been so busy and haven't had time to go to the docs but I'm scared and stressed and don't know what to do...I'm also due for a pap smear. :( Please help

Re: Brown discharge and heavy period on the pill

I'd see your gp and arrange your smear. I'm sure this will reassure you.

Sorry I can't help but I saw my gp about my heavy periods, I'm due a smear so he wants me to get it done.

Thanks I am planning on going to the doc but I'm on holiday atm. I just wanted to know if this is normal or just get some reassurance before hand as I have pretty bad HA about this...:-( plus apparently blood obscures papsmears so I have to stop bleeding. I'm just finishing my period now so fingers crossed. Thanks for your reply :-)

I would just get it checked with your gp.
    I am also on the pill and have noticed a light brown spotting in my underwear for the last week or so, but its really light.

Have a good holiday and try not to worry about it I know its hard but I really think there isnt anything to worry about.

Thread Information