Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fluoxetine 20mg - day 15

Fluoxetine 20mg - day 15

Hi - as title says day 15 but today I had uncontrollable crying - sobbing on and off post of the day. Fortunately I am off work at the moment and was round my parents - is this normal - as cannot remember from first time around. Just wanted some peace of mind - was not agitated but it was if the flood gates had opened! Any replies appreciated Laura x

Re: Fluoxetine 20mg - day 15

Hey Laura,

Strangely enough, my thread is about day 15 and I had the worst day on Prozac that day. Not sure if it was the emotions of leaving home but I could not stop crying for the whole day, staff at the airport must have thought I was mental!

It could be a side effect of the fluox, if you are feeling low anyway it will definitely show all of your depression and anxiety before it starts making you feel better.

Hang on in the, I am on day 19 and feeling much better than last week I even did a 15 minute power walk on my own with no one around to help me! So chuffed!! I don't know if it's the drug or me conquering the challenges that I set myself each day but I feel like a new woman from last week! I would highly recommend setting yourself mini challenges as these have lifted my mood somewhat greatly after I have done them.

Hang on in there, if you feel like crying let it out but also remember to try and distract yourself when feeling low.

Milk x

Hi Milk - oh thanks for that - weird isn't it? Glad you are feel a tad better - gives me something to look forward too. Hope you enjoyed your concert! Luv Laura x

Hi Laura

I am on day 26 now and it is getting better!!!

Day 15/16 I felt quite anxious for no apparent reason, I jut put it down to the SE of the meds. It was around this time that the headaches stopped

I am still tired but am hoping it passes.

I still get anxious but it is fleeting now and no panic. I am not consumed with worry and don't dwell on every thought now.

Even managed to go shopping for clothes at the weekend in a shopping centre and took my family out for a meal. I did find in the shopping centre I kept going very hot, but it was hot in there and thought it might be a SE. Also had a virus and cold last week so that may not have helped!!!

Keep going Laura and Milk, tiny baby steps is what we need to take.

Just take each day as it comes!!!

I had my first B12 treatment today so am hoping it might make me a bit more wide awake

Hi Mcched - thanks for that - feeling the same this morning - yes I agree not so anxious but tearful - weird - but again thanks for reassurance and hope you too feel better. Kind Regards Laura x

I am on day 27 now and it is getting better every day i am tired most of time but i am more positive.

And from today I decided to not count days just to take pill at 15:00 pm
    Becouse all of us should know that this therapy will work miraculously after 3 month taking it
    So dont disturb yourself, particularly LAURA48 becouse you have experience on it and you know very well after how long will Prozac will increase our seratonine in our brain you have great experience

Thank you

Hi Linda - yes sometimes too much knowledge!! It does take ages but just hope it works second time around!!!! You do have to patient but when you feel yuk it is hard! Hope you have a good day - Laura x

dear LAURA48,
    it will work for you 100% becouse your body accepted this therapy before and again your organisem is same.
    When we are deppresive and anxious seratonin in our brain reduced more than we need it. Seratonin controls our fear, availability, humor, love etc etc.
    Reduced of seratonin does come after long time of our life when we have stres or tired life
    Dont forget that seratonine dosent redused for a singel day, week or month.

And what Prozac truly do?!
    Prozac only increase seratonin in our brain and when we have enough seratonin we become happy without anxiety and without foggy thoughts

Tell yourself and convince that prozac dosent start working until second month and after that you start to fill benifits
    I know 2 to 3 month it is dark time and a long haul but worth it

Dont belive that Prozac work for 3 4 weeks these are mere words.
    You will become normal after 2 ore 3 month just take therapy in same time of day for example i take at 15:00pm dont forget my words
    I guarantee you

Hope you hade a good day

Hi Linda - bless you for your support - I am reading your post over and over again - it's a dark time for me at the moment - staying with my mum at the moment - keep crying.

You are right though - thinking back - yes it was around 12 weeks - you lose touch - don't you - but thanks Linda if there is anything I can help you with - I am here. Laura x

Dear Laura48,

what are you taking except Prozac?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information