Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Too Much Alone Time

Too Much Alone Time

I was wondering how many of us don’t work due to agoraphobia, social anxiety or other problems. If this applies to you, do you have a partner that works? How do you cope with too much ‘Alone Time’? I have been alone for eleven hours so far today and have another three hours to go. I find it very hard sometimes. Apologies to those reading this who are rushed off their feet. But the other extreme can be just as wearisome.

Re: Too Much Alone Time

I dont work..mainly cos there is no work down here where i am...
    my hubby works from home at least 3 days a week, infact this week he is only out thursday.
    But although hes here im still alone, if that makes sense? hes in the study/office all day... so yes i can still chat if i want i guess... and i have the dogs, and never feel completely alone when i have them.... i watch tv, or read... or come on here!

I have been off work for over 6 months now, I dont normally go out, no friends. Im normally quite a bubbly character, named the 'rottweiller' at work, but Im taking time out from people, I do alone well, Im not sure if its agoraphobia or just my dislike of people and being with them, what started yours Rain?

I don't work. I live with my sister who works full tim. I do all the thinking and she does all the running around shopping and running errands.
    I do all the housework, gardening, decorating at home. Even if I worked I'd still have to do it as she is not interested at all.
    Very seldom get bored. I take the dog out about an hour each day and as I am working hard at overcoming the agoraphobia I go out for a short walk without him.
    At home I fill my time with lots of interests. At the moment I'm knitting for premmie babies and sewing little dresses for Africa and activity mats for alzheimers patients.
    I'm a bit of a loner anyway so it seldom worries me too much.

bless ya flossie, well done you for helping others x

I am all alone. I spend all day alone in my room.

I am carer for my dad. He can walk (reasonably) and dress and shower himself, so he only needs me for some things. But, when he needs me he REALLY needs me.

I was always very shy and nervous around people when younger. When I worked, every day had some element of fear and dread in it, but I coped somehow and managed to function.

One day in the summer of 2001 I was in a restaurant with my partner and we had just been presented with our fancy meals. I had a huge panic attack and had to leave. Neither of us got to eat our meals as I was unable to return but we still had to pay for them. As you can imagine I felt dreadful about it.

Things got progressively worse until I had a full psychotic breakdown in April 2003 and was hospitalised. You could say that despite lots of different kinds of therapy, normal services were never resumed.

I havent worked for over 2 years......lost all my confidence...and would only do a job that fits in with my kids (dinner lady ideal)
    I keep looking and there are a few in my local schools,but I just cant find the courage to go for it yet
    and I couldnt work in a shop...id be scared to death of having a PA.....and no escape route.....I like menial jobs where i can get stuck in and be in my own little world,lol....cleaning,cooking etc
    Although I have plenty to do around the house and have a great hobby (familyhistory)
    I really miss adult company and being part of a 'workforce' ......though my dear friend is coming to visit at the weekend.....really looking forward to seeing her x
    my hubby is self employed and works long hours....and at weekends he,s always doing something with a van or a car........he thinks being a stay at home mum is great and i sit with my mates all the time drinking brews....if only!! (they all work)
    i get lonely sometimes,especially now the kids are getting older and always at their friends.I keep saying im going to join our local walking club but still havent done anything about it....lazy bugger i am

I was painfully shy as a kid, but homelife was awful so I can reason that as to why, now, normally Im the outgoing one, 'shes a laugh' and normally I am, I cover my hurt well and carry on. Panic set in with work, shop floor stuff I worked out in the garden centre yard and am happy to be there alone, but the days crept in when 'cant face work' thats not being lazy stay in bed day thats a I CANT FACE WORK
    to now where I know my panic has taken over and I dont like anything controlling me, Im my own person, and im a tuff old cow, but panic has taken over and fear has got the better of me,but it will not beat me

I've been unemployed for 2 months now and I'm normally alone between 9 in the morning till 10 at night. It's especially hard when my boyfriend works. The small number of friends I have are all in uni so I don't get to go out unless I go to my family home.
    I'm just thankful that I start work again this week because being alone for the past two weeks has started to make me feel very lonely and down and it's playing all sorts of havoc with my anxiety right now.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information