Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Too Much Alone Time

Re: Too Much Alone Time

I spend alot of time on my own!

So do I because I'm fed up of people, you can't rely on anyone.

I spend a lot of time alone as well, my job is flexible so I only go out for that when I need to...I really don't have many or any irl friends(haha sad I know) I spend a lot of my time on the computer or doing things around the house. My ex husband and I share custody of our daughter every other week so the weeks she is not here are especially bad! Though I am somewhat myself a loner it is nice at times to have some company to thin the loneliness out a bit.

I went for almost a decade out of work due to agoraphobia, so now I have started a job from home. Working from home is good, as long as it's not too time consuming because then it would mean no time to work on going out! I would recommend working from home if you can find something suitable. I remember year after year of being housebound and alone and it was the worst time of my life.

Studying is also good. I studied from home to get a qualification I could actually USE. It's definitely worth looking into that. It's tough to finance but there might be help in the form of loans, or grants from charities.

It is so, so hard to live like this. Other people would just never understand.

I don't work as I am full time mum to my little one and school age kids. But I don't know if I ever will be able to work again due to the anxiety. My confidence is awful. not just through being home for so long, i was always that way. I like my own company luckily. I like mixing abit at the school etc. but don't really have many close friends I see often. And making new ones terrifies me; just having them round to my house send s me into a panic as I am useless as keeping it tidy etc.

Hi Rain, Ive only just read your post. I'm the same as you, although I mostly prefer my time alone. I sketch a lot, which fills time up. I become very irritable with people around me at home, which sounds terrible!.. The very thought of going back to work fills me with dread.... I used to work in an office and the stress of all those people around me nearly caused me to have a nervous breakdown. I don't like to go out much, it's rare that I leave the house these days.. sometimes I have trouble going out into the garden. Indoors is where I feel safe

I have been out of work for years because of social anxiety and depression. I feel isolated much of the time. When I am alone in my own thoughts that is when my anxiety can spiral. It is difficult to meet people when you have social anxiety.

I am not working at the moment and even though I have a teenage son, I feel very lonely most of the time, I cannot burden him with my problems, so pretend that everything is OK, when really I am as wound up as a clockwork toy 24/7.
    I have social anxiety and am trying to tackle it possitively, by forcing myself into situations that scare me and bring on panic - no improvement as yet.........
    I have been on and off with the Agorophobia for years now, having dogs helps, I can't stand their sad begging faces staring at me for too long, only in winter when the weather is too bad.

BobbyDog

I find alone time makes my mind play tricks on me :-(

Bro you need a gf/woman:P

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information