Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: unwanted thoughts, feel I'm going mad

unwanted thoughts, feel I'm going mad

Hi, I have been on 5mg of citilopram for five days now and am having unwanted thoughts, I feel I am going mad, does anyone else have this problem?

Polly

no i don't have this problem due to medication, but i can get it when i'm feeling extremely anxious as i'm sure others on here know that is a symptom, but i would recommend not sticking with a drug for more than 4 weeks no matter what your doc says, if you feel worse still after 4 weeks there is no way they are going to suit you. many years ago i was given seroxat and another drug and i felt like i was dying for 3 months, but i just did what i was told and kept taking them, they were never going to suit me, eventually took prozac(which i'd taken previously for binge eating for 6 months with success) and had 2 blissfull years. then 5 years ago got ill thought i could just pop prozac again and everything would be hunkydory, but my god!!! i felt like death, took them for 2 weeks and lost loads of weight as could not eat and could'nt keep off the toilet. so i decided to stop because of now having previous experience, but i would not accept that they would'nt work and i did not want to feel like this anymore, so i tried them again!!! again for another 2 weeks, with the exact same reaction. so now iv'e been drug free except for about a year on propranolol,( which when i was taking i thought that the metal security strip in an old library book had been put there by aliens!!!), and it has been a long and often lonely and frightening journey, but my advice is listen to what your heart is telling you and if you want to stop or indeed carry on with the tablets you do whatever YOU think is best good luck sorry for the ramble hope you get my point? emmas

Thanks Emmas, will keep all that in mind.

Polly

Polly, did you get the thoughts before you went on the medication?

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

Hi polly

I found the first week or so on Citalopram my anxiety level got higher, i think its one of the side affects but i felt much better around the third week.

Hope that helps

Love

Andrea
    xxx

Yes Chuckle I did, they aren't suicidal thoughts, One particular thought that I have is quite a main issue in my life that I cannot change even if I wanted to, which will not leave my head, it makes me feel like im going mad, any suggestions most welcome.

Polly

Thanks Andrea, I just feel so bad at the moment.

Polly

Polly,

Im sure once the medication takes affect you wont be feeling like you do, i used to have terrible thoughts all the time and they just woudnt go away, the medication once taken affect should help you relax more.

Love

Andrea
    xxx

Thanks Andrea, I will keep telling myself that.

Polly

Hi polly!
    I felt terrible the frist few weeks of citalopram but you will feel better.I known you have heighted anxiety levels at the moment but most people do, so dont worry and dont give in to the gremlin!
    im going tio up mine as i still think im on to a low dose to benefit me 15mg.let us no how you get onxxxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information