Thread: getting mirena fitted and already worried

getting mirena fitted and already worried

I have an appointment to have a Mirena fitted next week. I think they are more common in the UK than in the US--hardly anyone has one here, so I don't have many women to talk to about it. They are also very expensive here if you have to pay for it yourself, which I do since my insurance won't cover it. So I want to be sure that I'm making a good choice. Due to other medical problems I shouldn't be on the pill anymore, and I really don't want to get pregnant anytime soon. My doctor recommended the Mirena and I really like the idea of it.

I am already getting scared because I've read online that it hurts a lot to have it inserted, especially if you've never been pregnant, and I haven't. Does anyone who has a Mirena have any advice? I don't want to have a panic attack in the doctor's office, or wait around being afraid of it for the next week.

Re: getting mirena fitted and already worried

Hi

If you search for "mirena coil" you will find previous posts about this. Also scoll down to the bottom and read "similar threads"

That will give you some info about it all

Good luck

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: getting mirena fitted and already worried

Thanks Nicola. We call it an IUD here instead of a coil, but I believe it's the same thing

Thread Information