Thread: sharp left sided chest pain

sharp left sided chest pain

Hi there I got a really sharp pain in left side of my chest above my nipple Ive had it a few days coming and going. Im really anxious I keep on thinking its my heart but I burped really loudly afterwards but Im really tired as well so I keep thinking its maybe cancer of the gullet. I feel like Im going mad all the time,

Re: sharp left sided chest pain

I do not believe that heart pain is either sharp or on the left hand side of the chest...really. It could be indigestion as you suggest or muscle pain ,see if it is sore to touch. I am not a Dr but I really do not think you have anything to worry about. If it doesn't ease up go see your Dr or clinic to put your mind at rest.

Gordie1.

As I said in your last thread which covers the samething as this one heart pain would would not present in this kind of way could be a number of things ie: muscle pain and as valleybear said indigestion.

And as for cancer of the gullet I would say no as my step father died from that and I never heard him say anything about chest pain around the breast area and he suffered in silence for years as he was to proud to do anything about it. We only knew a few years after he had died by adding up all the things he would do that he had had it for about 20 years before he died.
    I will not tell the telltale signs he had as people may start thinking they have it.

From everything I have read, heart pain isn't localised and generally isn't off-set (and your heart isn't on the left anyway). It also tends to be more of a pressure sensation.

It is likely just muscle pain and completely harmless.

Thread Information