Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Removal of threads?

Removal of threads?

Hi,
    I have several of my threads removed on here for being the same.
    I understand they are the same but severel members (some not here now) and some here who used to post posted a lot of threads about the same things.
    My head post even though it was about banging my head was different as it was a different way of hitting it.
    Ive seen a member post over and over again on new threads. about derelezation and their posts remained on here :(
    I kind of feel like i am being discriminated against.

This is nothing againat the mods you do a great job but it is not just me that re posts :\

Re: Removal of threads?

Emma, both the threads were things you have covered before, and you have already been answered multiple times by different members. If you have a related or similar question, you can add it to one of your old posts on the same topic rather than creating a new thread each time.

This isnt just about you, we do also merge similar threads from other members, and also delete multiple posts and threads all the time

Ok. I accept that
    It is only because i havnt seen removal of peoples threads on here but i accept.
    Also i cant even remember the last i posted about banging my head so it shocked me a bit that one went.
    Is it then ok to bump a thread for about 6 months ago for my head? I won't now but thas the alterntaive.
    Also I still see servel members who have posted new threads a long time ago on here and they all still exist. I dont want to mention names But ******** used to post everyday the same threads and that was ok?
    *shrug*
    I get what your saying though.
    Last edited by bottleblond; 24-02-12 at 21:13.

With threads or posts that have been removed, normally only the admin on the site can see them as it leaves us a link that only we see, but then doesnt clutter up the forum with loads of dead links to posts that dont exist.

Removal normally depends on if a member of staff happen to see them, and we dont have time to go back over old posts or threads that may have got missed out, so some will still exist on the forums

Em.ma

If diplicate threads are noticed then we will either merge them (depending on if both threads have replies) or we will remove one.

It's not about 'who' has posted them or when.

We are very busy as i hope you can appreciate so some may slip through the system.

Lisa

Ok.
    Thanks for clearing that up

---------- Post added at 20:52 ---------- Previous post was at 20:50 ----------

Thanks yes i appericate that Lisa and you really all do a wonderful job and you give up your own time for it on top of being sufferes to.
    But for example ********* would post everyday from panic new threads i dont understand how that got missed lol. I dont want to shout her name out as I think shes a lovely member but its just an example lol.it only angered me a bit as my last head post was months and months ago now and I just wanted some reasruance. But some people (like i do sometimes) would post the same thing day after day and that wasnt notcied but mine was from months ago as being the same.

this was my last post about head:
    http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=101074

i didnt really want to bump it but i guess ill either bump a thread next time or not post at all or go back and read it.
    Last edited by bottleblond; 24-02-12 at 21:14.

I think it is quite useful anyway to go back and look at your own related threads, as there are answers there that could help with the same problem. When it comes to HA, for example as this is what troubles you Emma, there are answers from other members already there which could help with rationalising the current situation. With respect Emma, and please understand that I do understand (if that makes sense), some HA sufferers need lots of reassurance about very very similar things (banged head, hurting gum etc.) and the fact that it is a new physical worry doesn't make the advice any different.
    Last edited by Carys; 24-02-12 at 20:57.

Thanks Carys,
    Yes i understand that 100 per cent

But i have just had a look around on here and several members profiles show threads about the same things. Its not just one or two its quite a few. I know its a lot of work but even the same thing from Sep was removed when some people post two days in a row the same thing and its not noticed..

Don't get me wrong though I cant begin to imagine the amount of work admins spend on this site and I respect them for it. And at the end of the day it's run by them so they can remove it if they want to.

Sorry Emma, can't answer that one as I'm not an admin. Maybe you could PM Nicola or one of the others ?

Quote Originally Posted by Em.ma View Post
    Ok.
    Thanks for clearing that up

---------- Post added at 20:52 ---------- Previous post was at 20:50 ----------

Thanks yes i appericate that Lisa and you really all do a wonderful job and you give up your own time for it on top of being sufferes to.
    But for example ******* would post everyday from panic new threads i dont understand how that got missed lol. I dont want to shout her name out as I think shes a lovely member but its just an example lol.it only angered me a bit as my last head post was months and months ago now and I just wanted some reasruance. But some people (like i do sometimes) would post the same thing day after day and that wasnt notcied but mine was from months ago as being the same.

this was my last post about head:
    http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=101074

i didnt really want to bump it but i guess ill either bump a thread next time or not post at all or go back and read it.

Point taken and if it was a seperate incident then i don't think it should have been removed either.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information