Thread: <3 Beautiful People!!! <3

<3 Beautiful People!!! <3

Hello all you darling ladies and gents out there! I am new, so take it easy on me. I am an interesting, funny, passionate, caring, spontaneous, wild, and I attribute all of these traits to having mental illness!! I have been suffering from anxiety forever, and was diagnosed bi-polar as of February of 2000. I don't know what a 'normal' life feels like. And as much as I hate how I feel at least half of the time, there has to be a reason for it, right?? I found this site thank God last night while searching for side effects of Valium... My shrink tried to switch me from a high dose of Xanax to a high dose of Valium, and it was a very bad experience. Found out I have a tolerance to my Xanax, and I was going through withdrawl. Guess that happens when you take it for 13 years. It's ok. I will push on. Very nice to meet you all, and I hope you all have a lovely weekend.
    XOXOXOXO
    Davee

Hi Day-V Anne

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: <3 Beautiful People!!! <3

Hello and welcome.
    I too am from the USA, but am currently in the UK so that's what the website shows. I am also fairly new on this website. Be careful with those withdrawls, they can be dangerous! If you want to read my story it is under the introductions called "New Here". I have realized that the worst and most uncontrollable thoughts that I had were the very day that I first did NOT take the medicine that I had been on for 1 week. Take care, and be sure you have someone to watch out for you.

Hi Davee, welcome to a great support network, so glad you found us, what a happy accident! Stick around x

Hello, and thanks for the welcome!!
    I am really enjoying this site. It is helpful to see others suffer from the same feelings/thoughts as I do. I don't feel so alone. As far as the withdrawl, I only went about 34 hours (I know because it was horrid) without the Xanax. I gave the doctors at the hospital my Valium and said I don't want to take it ever again. I cam home, took a Xanax, and within 20 minutes that awful feeling was gone. I know I have a dependency to the drug. My boyfriend said to me,"Are you going to take Xanax your whole life?" My answer was simple. I replied that I have always had anxiety, and as I will be on meds such as Seroquel, Buspar, etc, Xanax will most likely be lifelong as well. It has been a long road, but the more info I get, the easier it gets. Thank you guys and have a lovely week!!

Xoxoxo
    D

Hi and this is a great site and you'll get lots of help and support xx

Hi davee, welcome

Hi Mary!! This is a wonderful group! I have been reading lots of other people's symptoms, and am finding out I am not alone. Puts me at ease to know that some of the things I feel, or the panicky fears I get are shared by others. There are so many with anxiety, it is nice to know I can go online to this site and get some help. Thanks to everyone!!

Xoxo
    D

Thread Information