Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't think prozac is my friend anymore

Don't think prozac is my friend anymore

Hi - sorry it's me again - have posted numerous threads on Prozac - restarted it again after 15 good years. However coming into 4th week and have never felt so depressed and tearful - like a black cloud in my head - never had this before. Have kept a diary and have been mainly down - no good days. I was sobbing my heart out last night - fortunately was at my parents as husband was at work - and would have been nervous on my own. Seeing GP this week - he did mention Sertraline - any ideas - feel a complete hopeless case at the moment. Know you have been brilliant with advice and I am listening but.... . Thanks Laura xx

Re: Don't think prozac is my friend anymore

Hi Laura i have no experience of prozac personally but ive took citalopram in the past and its always been great but when i restarted it in sept it just didn't help me at all, i perservered up until a week ago when i was changed to mirtazapine, my physcahtrist did say to me that as ive been on and off citalopram for years then they sometimes don't work when you restart them?? please don't suffer like i did for months, if you feel there not helping then ask for a change, im still not good on the mirtazapine but am only a week into it plus been having cit withdrawal, its horrible feeling like this xx

I'm so sorry the prozac isn't agreeing with you Laura.
    I gave up with mine after 4 weeks, I just didn't see the point of feeling so bad with no signs of improvement.
    It's really strange how great I've been feeling since I stopped taking it a week ago. Maybe it's just a relief to feel better physically.
    I started taking it for anxiety and depression and neither have come back yet. I just hope I don't crash suddenly!
    I'm not going to take meds again. I can live with my anxiety at the moment.
    Good luck x

Thanks Nicola and Tish - thanks for that - just feel so low and tearful at the moment - I am seeing my GP on Friday - sure he must be fed up with me by now - but just feels like groundhog day at the moment. It will be 4 weeks to the day when I see him - so I have given it a try - so sorry for you Nicola - re Citalopram - bless you - you did try - hope the Mirt kicks in soon - quite a gentle drug so it's the Cit you are feeling the effects from.

Tish - I completely understand being med free - hope it goes well for you - no harm in giving it a try.

Thanks again Laura x

Laura sorry you feeling like this. I stopped it after 31 days couldnt take it anymore.

I am on day 3 of sertraline this morning I am ok got a bit of sickness and bit of anxiety. but not too bad.

Nicola I am sure you are suffering from anxiety at the moment as well as withdrawals.

The retching is awfull I know I had it yesterday but I know it wasnt the sertraline as I know it is my nerves.

today I am calmer. but I havnt eaten yet just took my med with milk. I will eat in a mo. I drink my decaf tea tho lol.

mornings are the pits and that is what I hate.

Laura stop the prozac today if they are that bad.And by the time you go to your gp you can start the sertraline right away.

Cathy xx

Hi Cathy

Thanks sweetheart for that - I hope you will be fine - you have been through so much - will do that - I have never felt so bloody low in my life! Black cloud and all that - keep in touch. Lots of Love Laura x

Regarding withdrawals from the medication...how long can it last? Does it matter if you have only been on it for 1 week? I was on Sertraline for 1 week before I stopped it because it was...not right for me (we'll put it that way anyways). And the depression was getting better, but carried on for 1 week before I started another Cybalta. The problem is I never had depression before I started the Sertraline, I was taking it for "anxiety" which was really just a couple of phobias. Now I am doing better, but I wish I knew for a fact that the withdrawal after only having taken it for 1 week could have lasted 1 week.

prozac didnt like me either i went for about 4 weeks before giving it up found the side effects from it awful and took a little while to get out of my system aswell doc kept chopping and changing my meds and think my body and mind couldnt handle it ,its so hard cause what works for one person doesnt work for others so it difficult to know when to change but if they are making you feel that bad i would consider stopping or changing .hope you feel better soon

Quote Originally Posted by LAURA48 View Post
    Hi Cathy

Thanks sweetheart for that - I hope you will be fine - you have been through so much - will do that - I have never felt so bloody low in my life! Black cloud and all that - keep in touch. Lots of Love Laura x
    Laura I can honestly say flux made me worse it was the pits and you will be ok stopping them as i did after 31 days the gp said I would be fine.

Cathy xx

Hi Laura,
    So sorry the prozac hasn't worked for you this time around, but I'm glad you'll be seeing your doctor on Friday. Just remember, it's a bump in the road to recovery and you will be feeling better soon!

Liz

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information