Thread: Palps On and Off for 4 months now ):

Unhappy Palps On and Off for 4 months now ):

Hello,

I've been getting palpitations for 4 months now and I have no idea why. :( They just came out of nowhere! The night it started all I could literally hear was my heart going BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, then all of a sudden: BOOM, BOOM, BOOM ....., BOOM, BOOM, BOOM. When I heard my heart pause/skip for that brief moment my heart was racing for about 2 - 3 minutes! I thought I was having a heart attack at 18 years old.

I've been to my doc 3 times and he done 2 ECG's on me and bloodwork they all came back normal OFC! >.> He told me it MAY be anxiety but he hasnt actually properly diagnosed me with anything... I have been given a heart event monitor thing too and because my palps are so on and off nothing happened while I had the monitor! TYPICAL!

I still don't actually know if I have anxiety or if its something else liek an arrhythmia which im really worried about. Palps are the only symptom I get I used to feel quite dizzy and light-headed but the last 2 months its just been the palps.

If it is anxiety I HAVE NO IDEA WHY! Because I wasn't worrying about anything at the time? Is it possible just to get this out of the blue?

Also I'm a healthy 18 year old abit on the slender side though. I dont smoke and occasionaly have a beer ( which actually seems to help my palps for some reason )

BTW,

I decided to share what Im going through because the palps are happening rn and I cant sleep
    Last edited by Bradguin121; 27-02-12 at 02:00. Reason: Typo's

Re: Palps On and Off for 4 months now ):

It sounds like you have had a lot of tests done and none of them have showed anything serious. The heart 'skipping' thing you are referring to is something that is suffered by many people here. It does sound, as your doctor has commented, that you had a type of panic attack - although as you say, you didn't feel worried or panicky at the time. DO you tend to wake up with them in the middle of the night ?

Re: Palps On and Off for 4 months now ):

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    It sounds like you have had a lot of tests done and none of them have showed anything serious. The heart 'skipping' thing you are referring to is something that is suffered by many people here. It does sound, as your doctor has commented, that you had a type of panic attack - although as you say, you didn't feel worried or panicky at the time. DO you tend to wake up with them in the middle of the night ?
    Yeah, I wasnt really panicy or anything. It tends to keep me awake more than anything else, normally when I fall asleep im out till the morning,

Thanks for replying by the way
    Last edited by Bradguin121; 27-02-12 at 10:29. Reason: Typos

Thread Information