Thread: Worse panic on fluoxetine?

Worse panic on fluoxetine?

I have always been terrified when riding in vehicles. But by day ten on fluoxetine I was completely terrified while riding in a car. I am thinking my doctor might up my dose.... The pmdd and ocd, which were the reasons I was given this medication, are appearing to be under control. But my panic is worsening.

Re: Worse panic on fluoxetine?

Hi JCA - sorry to hear about your panic - but not sure upping the Prozac would help, although no way am I a professional. I was upped to 40mg just before xmas and my anxiety levels went sky high - may be you are still feeling side effects and they can last a while especially the anxiety side but you know how you feel - have another word with your doctor as it is still very early days for the medication to have full effect. Good Luck Laura

my anxiety went through the roof in week 2 of fluoxetine......its too early to up your dose yet....let the 20 mg settle first.......you should start to feel better by week 3-4
    hang in there.....the side effects are tough....but they do fade

Quote Originally Posted by sickandtired View Post
    my anxiety went through the roof in week 2 of fluoxetine......its too early to up your dose yet....let the 20 mg settle first.......you should start to feel better by week 3-4
    hang in there.....the side effects are tough....but they do fade
    Sickandtired is right, by week 2 the nasty side effects kick in and can last well into the week. Hang on in there though as it is worth the wait.

I experienced really terrifying anxiety in week 2 but now I feel so much better and stronger. I am on week 4 and I still feel that I am improving everyday.

Milk x

Hi Milk - glad you are feeling much better - stay on them! Seeing my GP this am as making me worse - going into week 4 - depression is awful - stopped them Sunday night - it's a shame because they have served me well in the past! Anyway will keep you up to date - speak to you soon - Love Laura x

Thanks for all of your responses! I see your points... I do need to give it more time. I think that is one of my problems, needing things to happen NOW. I have zero patience. I feel more calm now, not so much anxiety, but I haven't driven or ridden in a car since then, other than to get to work, and I live just one mile from work. I have a long distance trip planned for March 16th. I hope I can do it. I will be really disappointed in myself if I cannot.

And actually, as of yesterday, the panic has lessened but the pmdd symptoms are flaring up! My doc said we'd know if the meds would help with that by the end of next week, the end of my usual two weeks of pmdd hell... Guess we will see!

day 39 and i am I am improving everyday too and i am very happy
    After new year i was too bad :S
    Thank you Prozac

Thread Information