Thread: change of routine and anxiety

change of routine and anxiety

well im trying not to get anxious but since i have had anxiety about 4 years now my sister has helped me with the school run she has children the same age and they currently go to the same school,but she is now moving them to a different school and her other one whos in the preschool with mine were going to start school together but shes moving him aswell,although i do go with her in the car to drop them off and pick them up am worried i will not be able to do it on my own its only a 15min walk( i cant drive) but i am getting really nervous about it,i have until September to prepare myself but feel so silly worrying about it any advice anyone???

Re: change of routine and anxiety

Maybe you should start doing the walk now without the kids, then progress to doing it once a week then twice etc over the next few months. By the time you get to sept you will be used to it.
    xx

thanks Rosie it so annoying as i had no problem doing it with my eldest before anxiety crept in infact i liked the walk but now im dreading it will give it a go though going to have to do something!!xx

So you have to remind yourself you have done it before and can certainly do it again.
    Infact in someways although you are not feeling this right now, maybe your sisters children moving school will be the best thing as you are going to have to start doing it again. Its horrible the first time but each time it gets easier and after a few times you are going to be thinking 'was I actually nervous about this, how odd!!'

Good luck.xx

i know i think that has whats happened i have relied on others too much and it has probley made me worse cause i stopped doing things and let others take over i need to build up my confidence again

Thread Information