Thread: just back from ultrasound, feeling worried

just back from ultrasound, feeling worried

Just been for an ultrasound which gynaecologist requested so as to help decide what to do about fibroid. I was under the impression I had one big one. The girl doing scan said it was hard to see and called in a colleague. At this point I started to inwardly panic. The colleague said it was hard to determine if it was one big one or a few small. At this point I said ladies you are panicking me. The more experienced one said oh its nothing to worry about fibroids are common but not always easy to see, you might need an MRI to get a bettet picture. I have been trying really hard this last week to keep my HA under control a.d up u.til scan was doing ok. Now I am a treblimg mess complety convinced my fibroid has mutated into something bad. I can hardly type this post as so shakey. Anyone any experience of this, I'm so scared.

---------- Post added at 16:20 ---------- Previous post was at 15:58 ----------

Anyone about, feeling so scared

Re: just back from ultrasound, feeling worried

My Mum has fibroids

It's very rare for them to become cancerous, and you'd have been told if there was a chance of this. It's better to have small ones, rather than one large one just because they're less likely to give you any pain. They are pretty harmless and very common If you don't have any problems with them, then they'll most likely disappear on their own when you reach menopause so treatment isn't necessary unless you have any problems with them.

The experienced ultrasound tech is right, you've no reason to worry

Dont worry! I have exactly the same!! I have been suffering terribly from fibroids for the past 10 years! I was told I had a huge fibroid and have several scans, like you I was petrified as some times they cant find it and say it looks like a mass rather than a defined fibroid. The scan ladies petriified me!! I have had a terrible time over the last few months and went to a consultant who scanned me and told me I had a hormonal fibroid that comes and goes!! Dont really understand but suppose it makes sense! My consultant actually walked me around my womb during the scan and said if it was something to be worried about it would be easily defined and very dark so I wouldn't worry you probably have the same as me!! xx

thanks for your posts ladies, i cant say have stopped worrying completely but you did both calm me a bit with your speedy responses to my worried state. Its just horrid when they carry on a conversation about you and you are lying there. I dont understand why it was so unclear. There was definitely stuff going on.

I am sure you will be fine! Let us know how you get on at your MRI x

Thread Information