Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: citalopram and beta blockers ???

citalopram and beta blockers ???

hi
    Just got back from the drs to see about upping my citalopram to 20mg, but he suggested to try a beta blocker bisoprolol 1.25mg along side 10mg of cit and see how i get on, because still finding physical symptoms are there has anyone else had this combination before ????

Re: citalopram and beta blockers ???

Hi i took 80mg slow release beta blockers alongside cit when i was taking it and it did seem to help a little xx

Hi Angel,

Don't know if this is any use to you as I've never taken Cit - I'm currently on venlafaxine but I took beta blockers at the same time for a couple of weeks to help with the physical symptoms and they worked great. Really stopped the racing heart, knotted stomach and the shakes. Should be similar with Cit.

Pip

hi angel i have taken beta blockers with citalopram, and they did help a bit, and i had no problems taking the two together xx

thanks nicola i really was just expecting him to say just up the cit so through me a bit i thought they were for high blood pressure and mines quite low the pharmacist said may cause dizziness and have that already but can only give them a try

---------- Post added at 11:42 ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 ----------

thanks pip ,
    yes he said it would help the physical symptoms cause have been getting the shakes since starting cit so hopefully it will stop that side of things and maybe my anxiety will increase heres hoping!!!!

thanks pink dove just debating whether to take them or not !!!
    Last edited by angel wings; 29-02-12 at 22:44.

Im really surprised your gp hasn't increased you to 20mg tho as that is the theraputic dose for dose?? well fingers crossed the beta blockers help you xx

i know he said hes tryed cit and didnt work for him and is now on prozac dont know if i found that reassuring or not hes also wants me to have a blood test done to check for other things but not having that done till 12th march xx

lol fancy him telling you that!! ive also got to have all my bloods done sometime xx

Lol i know ive only been at that surgery for a few months he seems very chilled out about things !!! wondering what else he might be taking

ask him next time he seems very open about things!! its amazing actuallt how many gp's etc take meds, one of my good friends is a phschatrict nurse and shes says there nearly all on some sort of AD shes on prozac herself!! lol xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information