Thread: Day 6 is this normal, I am worried!!

Day 6 is this normal, I am worried!!

Felt pretty shaky for the last day. I hate the feeling. My thoughts are raving everywhere but my depression has lifted considerably. Is this too soon for me to be feeling any effects. I am worrying this is causing me mania as I feel quite wired. Is this anxiety or mania?

Re: Day 6 is this normal, I am worried!!

Today is 6th day for me also I feel nervy of a morning and I started CBT yesterday wich has made my anxiety come back just spoke to my cbt councilor and he said it will afftect you but just say this is anxiety and let it go.

He also said the sertraline will not have kicked in yet it takes about 2 weeks to start working so just try and relax and dont panic it could be your anxiety and you may be listening in to how you are feeling try to keep busy and let your anxiety float away that is what I am trying to do.

We are in this together so hold on and keep positive we are both on our 6th day of sertraline

hope this helps

Cathy xx

hi there - i got what i called 'sert honeymoon' on days 4-8ish. and it was fun (I was running around all over the place proclaiming its a wonder drug ha ha!) and normal to sometimes have that - just been to docs and had my dose increased from 50mg to 100mg after being on it 6 weeks. I've been hypomanic before (last year - for bloody ages! - nothing to do with being on antidepressants, just me and my stupid brain! - in fact this sert is the first ssri ive been on in my life) and it was scary, but I wouldn't worry about the sert coz it went away for me, and i went backwards again, hence the dose increase. Now I'm very very tired......Hope this mkaes sense!!

PS all in all, i do think this sert is a good med and it has helped me in my current situation immensely...

xxxx

Yes I know what you mean Yogi as I have been pretty laid back I am on day 6 today and feel panicy but I put this down to starting my CBT yesterday. and knowing I will be facing my phobia.

but I did have that good feeling when I went on prozac and after about 5/6 days I started to feel terrible retching shaking anxiety hit the roof I stook it for 31 days and had to come off it I just hope this doesnt do the same to me. Please God it doesnt.

Did you find you had high anxiety on sert when you first started it?

Cathy xx

I've been thinking about you Cathy and wondering how you are getting on. You do sound a lot more positive? I remember feeling really good then reverting to a mad woman again in the early days. Around week 6 I thought it had stopped working altogether and asked my doc to increase but she said keep going on 50mg. So glad I did as I got to week 10 and thats when I think they really kicked in. So it took 10 weeks to get the full benefit for me. Now into about month 4 (stopped counting after 2 months - think thats when I forgot I was ill lol)

nice post ambers!!! stopped counting after 2 months!!!!!!

Cathy, I was a bit more anxious for the first day or two on sert, but tbh I had that coma-like depression rather than main anx at the time, so my brain nwas so dead that it wouldn't have noticed much at all. As I said, then I felt great for a little while. Just started day one of the 100mg. OOOOOOOOO feeeeelllol bloody great today - hmmm, wanna dance, sing, party and buy things lol!!!!!!!!!!

So, anyway doc said yesterday that the 'up' bit first, then falling back again is normal. In terms of side effects I have felt hardly any at all. I thnk it hasn't done me any harm at all. My doic said to me my experience is in line witht eh 'chemical theory' i.e I had no serotonin in my poor bfrain and needed it sooo badly!!

Hope you're feeling ok today - hang in there xxxxx

Thread Information