Thread: What symptom sets you off?

What symptom sets you off?

Is there any symptom in particular that sets warning bells ringing for you? I used to get little twinges, aches and pains, feelings and never think anything of them. Now for some reason, EVERYTHING has me going but the worst is what I think are petechia on my feet, which are a sign of leukemia which is my BIG terror right now. I wake up in the middle of the night and the first thing I do, without even thinking is getting my torch to look for more "petechiae".
    Now, every symptom I have, even though I know it's probably anxiety related, is making me think the worst. I've been stressed for about 6 months, so I know it all builds up.
    Is there one symptom in particular that scares you, or is it lots of things?

Re: What symptom sets you off?

Hi Mary, mostly palpitations because of my mums heart attack although the doctors I've seen aren't worried.

Also anything to do with my head, because I worry alot about brain tumours/strokes/haemmorages etc.

I hope you're ok, we are all in it together

Stomach twinges, aching legs, wind, going to the loo, aching pelvis .....................

I am sure you get the picture !!!! Driving me insane and the rest of my family too - clearly having a bit of a tussle with my HA at the moment but I shall not let it win all the rounds of the bout!!!

Lightheadedness, dizzy/off balance sensations really set me off... Scared of passing out or just dropping down dead! Very dramatic I know but I can't stand when those feelings come out of the blue...scares me a lot!

I think it depends on how Im feeling emotionally. I get bad PMS symptoms and usually I can be more vulnerable around that time. My periods are very awful and I would worry and feel yucky everytime I get them.

But usually the most symptoms I do worry about is my tummy, bowels (IBS) and my bladder.

---------- Post added at 17:52 ---------- Previous post was at 17:51 ----------

I actually have a fear of vomiting so I would eat very little when my tummy plays up so I can avoid the nausea feelings.

feeling like i cant breath has always been the worst for me its so scary thats always the one to set me off any other symptom i get i can handle but not that one x

i can cope with any stomach related symptoms and jelly legs etc but what i cannot stand is my throat tightening,I cant breath properly and the need to keep swallowing,i feel like i might choke and the horrible numbing in my face and arms......its so embarrassing coz i feel everyone can tell im losing it :(
    the absolute worse though was when i had a massive PA and my heart thudded in my chest (Im sure it missed a beat then just went boom,it really was frightening)

Thread Information