Thread: Social Phobia

Social Phobia

Hi,
    I think I am on a roll! I only found the No more panic website recently (which I think is great) and now I've found another one. Its called Social Anxiety UK (www.social-anxiety.org.uk) and it is very informative. I've read all the descriptions there of what it is like for sufferers of social anxiety disorder and now I finally know for certain that is what I have.

They have a discussion board and a chatroom that seems very active, they even have self-help and social groups around the country where they follow CBT programmes specially for social anxiety. If anyone else here suffers with this, I think it is well worth a look.

Thanks Gill I will add the link to my links page

Nicola

Thanks for the link Gill
    SA's not widely known apparently and wen you tell people how yoiu feel they don't always understand. I find it difficult to express how i feel but through this website n hopefully that one i will soon be able to.
    Sam

I not sure whether iv got SA and PA. I have PA for no reason but when im looking a this porticular person i have an attack. Do ya know why you have SA sam.

Jade

Quite a few reasons really:
    I dont have much self confidence n low self esteem
    i worry that ppl r judging me n laughin bout me behind my bak, so i find it hard 2 go out to places that i wuld normally, i now hate walking on my own wen ppl r behind me, i try n stay in asd much as possible 2 avoid difficult situations. I use to be scared that id get upset stomach if i went out n at 1 point wuldnt go newhere wivout sum pills, even shopping. Wen ppl r talkin 2 me in person or even walk past me i think they r judging me n thinking oh look at her. It didnt help that ive had sum bad frend xperiences :( I tend 2 bbtle up me feelings which is y the last 6 months have just been full of fear n anxiety n anger.
    Sam

Thread Information