Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Restless legs, anyone?

Re: Restless legs, anyone?

ask you doc for procyclodine it helps with restless legs and is non addictive or perhaps a short term prescription for diazepam will help

Exclamation Re: Restless legs, anyone?

I am female i am 28. I have had restless legs (back and arms) since i was 15 up till now it came on once or rwice a month never s little bit always full blown have lost alot of sleep due to thiis condition. 10 years ago i started taking antideppreasants i have been on many dofferent kinds over the years. Alot of ssris and also the tricillac ones i recently came of clomiparmine because it wasnt working for me anymore. My doctor nd i decided to tru an ssri again amd have been on fluoxtine for nearly a month now. I can onestly sau since i have started taking it my restless legs is worse than it EVER had been. In tje last 2 weeks i have haf 10 completly sleepless nights. I used to take paracetomol and it would stop it enough so i could sleep but they are not touching it at all . I am going bk to docs on mondau to try and get it sorted out. This is such a hprriable condition that i have found not alot of people understand. Its something i have had to lve with almost in silence for nearly 15 yrs but learnt how to deal with it...knocking my slef out with paracetomols but the last 2 weeks have been a nightmare in my opinuion fluoxitine deffinatly brings on and makes the symptoms of restless legs alot worse. Although i dont think it is caused by medications because like i said i have had it since i wad 15 and i wasnt taking anything g then :(

YES!
    Mine was so bad that I took myself off Prozac 3 weeks ago after being on it for 9 weeks.
    I already have restless legs and the meds made it so bad! I'd constantly b jiggling, shaking, bouncing and putting my legs and feet in weird positions!!! I'd also notice that my leg muscles would randomly tense up and I didn't notice. I had the involuntary random muscle jerks too. My feet and calves would just jolt out of nowhere. These symptoms started after about the 4th week and got progressively worse which is why I stopped! I read alot of literature about people suffering permanent 'tics' and these type of involuntary movements forever even after stopping the meds! It was just too scary for me to continue. I'm still having these side effects now even 3 weeks after stopping but they're not as full on as before!

Kel

Hi have restless legs at moment,need to keep moving like want to go somewhere.

Don't think there is a cure really, depends on general heath
    mind state etc.

My legs are forever tapping bit of a nuisance at times but it can help to assure one a little.

As far as I am aware there is no cure,
    just keep tapping away and try to ignore it.

Maisie

had it before florexitine, has stopped now !

I was on cipralex for over 10 years and came off them 4 years ago, i do remember having restless legs on them, i just walked on a cold floor, or had a fan on them in bed.
    These days, i rub my feet together or rub the bottom of my bed with my feet just to get me to sleep as a comforter, i used to do it when i was a child haha

I get this all the time! I'm on fluoxitene

Does this condition go away on its own?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information